2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 ford escape blows hot on driver side but cold on the passenger side. No loss of air flow. Replaced the actuator door but it did not fix the issue. Husband thought it might be the evaporator temp sensor FV6Z-19C734-B. Local Ford thought it might be Heater Core Temp Sen
ECH TS57490. Having a hard time finding the location of any of these to replace them.

Reading the forums I have also seen FV6Z-19C734-B.

Any ideas on a fix or know the locations??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the one I have.
Auto part Multimedia Camera accessory Personal luxury car Family car

There is no difference in temp if I control it from the knobs, have it on dual or separate Temps, or control it from the touch screen.
I've tried resetting it with the power and defrost button as well with no change.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,511 Posts
The car needs to be checked for DTCs, this will help narrow down if the problem is in the FCIM (module with the knobs) or elsewhere.
There are temp sensors in the dash vents, on the lower right below the wheel as well as individual door actuators for each side.
A dealer should be able to see if they can access/move each door individually using IDS.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,772 Posts
If you've got a laptop look into the program ForScan. It can read all Ford fault codes. You'll need an OBD2 interface that is suitable for Ford's Medium Speed CAN Bus protocol.

Some info here ForScan for 2013-2016 Escapes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car needs to be checked for DTCs, this will help narrow down if the problem is in the FCIM (module with the knobs) or elsewhere.
There are temp sensors in the dash vents, on the lower right below the wheel as well as individual door actuators for each side.
A dealer should be able to see if they can access/move each door individually using IDS.
Thank you. This is helpful.
If I were to try to do this without taking it to a shop is there a recommended scan reader to by that isnt crazy expensive?
I looked at a few and I am not sure which would get me the results, kinda need one that doesnt need a lap top.
I was considering Ancel FD500, Blue Driver- connects to phone, FORScan (worried I dont have a laptop or which software to add to my computer) and Foxwell NT510.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you've got a laptop look into the program ForScan. It can read all Ford fault codes. You'll need an OBD2 interface that is suitable for Ford's Medium Speed CAN Bus protocol.

Some info here ForScan for 2013-2016 Escapes
Thank you. I was looking into the FORScan system and Im not sure which model I would need or software to download. Do you think Id be able to get the same results from an Ancel FD500, Blue Driver or Foxwell NT510 Scanner?

I want to get a scanner since my car seems to be falling apart, plus we own a few Fords so they would work on those too, but Im not quite sure which would do everything I could need. Id perfer one that doesnt need a laptop or ill have to purchase one of those too.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,511 Posts
I would use ForScan with an extended license (you can get a 90 day license for free and just get a new one when you need it or buy a 1yr or 5yr license) along with an OBDLink EX adapter.
You'll get more functionality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts