·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am in the process of buying an used car and the finalist are these two:
  • 2016 Ford Escape Titanium
  • 2016 Honda CR-V EX-L.
The big question is which one is more reliable? The car is for my wife, and she likes the Ford interior more compared with Honda.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Hey guys,
I am in the process of buying an used car and the finalist are these two:
  • 2016 Ford Escape Titanium
  • 2016 Honda CR-V EX-L.
The big question is which one is more reliable? The car is for my wife, and she likes the Ford interior more compared with Honda.
Which engine for the Escape? The 2.0 EB IS Solid the 1.6 not so much.

Reactions: centex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw both cars and Ford Escape interior looks nicer, what I don't like is the lack of space in the second row seats (I am 6.5''). What is a decent number of miles to accept for a used Ford Escape? I have seen one from 2016 with 76000 miles (13800$).

·
Registered
502 Posts
Acceptable miles all depends on opinion. Most used ones from dealers are former fleet vehicles, rentals, gov vehicles, etc so they tend to have higher miles than one that was private party. My daughter's 2017 was purchased in late 2018 (Build date of 1-2017) and had 33K miles on it when she bought it.

First thing we did was have all of the fluids, except for coolant, changed.

76K miles on a 2016 is very high though IMO. Even at four years that translates to 19K miles a year. The U.S. average is about 13K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot, my wife likes it a lot, but I am still debating ...everyone is pushing me to pick Honda CR-V for reliability / re-sell price.
I wonder when is the first milestone for major checks (I.e changing belts, etc) on Ford Escape 2016?

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, I will have a look.

I have found two candidates (saw both cars):
1 Honda CR-V EX-L 2015 - 65k miles - 16400
2. Ford Escape 2016 Titanium - 35k miles - 16900

The CR-L looks very nice and clean, but the number of miles seems a little bit to high compared with the Escape one. So to be honest I am inclining for Escape even though all my friends are suggesting me to get the Honda...Though decision?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts