2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,888 Posts
I have seen no definitive answer on this.

Reactions: Rocko1

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Escape 1.5L Eco 4000 miles
I have had no coolant leak issue yet, but have very low milage.
About what % of these engines get the problem in the first 50K miles?

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
2019 Escape 1.5L Eco 4000 miles
I have had no coolant leak issue yet, but have very low milage.
About what % of these engines get the problem in the first 50K miles?
Only Ford knows and they are not saying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Ford was in the repair shop at the dealership for 62 days getting a new engine and they refused to give me a loaner car. I finally received it back and 30 hours later the engine light came on again!!!! It's so frustrating. The code for the engine light is P0299 (Turbo/Super Charger Underboost). They haven't contacted me back about whether it needs to go back in the repair shop for that.

I've been in contact with a lemon law attorney so I'm waiting to hear back from them on how to proceed. I'm hoping to get this car bought back or at least get a settlement for all the trouble it's caused me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My Ford was in the repair shop at the dealership for 62 days getting a new engine and they refused to give me a loaner car. I finally received it back and 30 hours later the engine light came on again!!!! It's so frustrating. The code for the engine light is P0299 (Turbo/Super Charger Underboost). They haven't contacted me back about whether it needs to go back in the repair shop for that.

I've been in contact with a lemon law attorney so I'm waiting to hear back from them on how to proceed. I'm hoping to get this car bought back or at least get a settlement for all the trouble it's caused me.
What year and how many miles? State?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What year and how many miles? State?
It's a 2018 with 38,500 miles in Texas. Dealership is telling me the engine light is on now bc of a bad oxygen sensor monitor and it had nothing to do with my engine or engine replacement and it's not covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's a 2018 with 38,500 miles in Texas. Dealership is telling me the engine light is on now bc of a bad oxygen sensor monitor and it had nothing to do with my engine or engine replacement and it's not covered under the warranty.
Have you read the warranty? It’s pretty descriptive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you burn antifreeze it’s a fact the byproducts will ruin O2 sensors. I’d demand they cover that. I’d raise hell for sure.

Same for silicone sprays or silicone sealers if used in the intake track. All these things can ruin O2sensors.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I hope you find resolution. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a known issue for sure. Went through a full engine replacement at 4240 miles on my 2017 1.5L S/E. I have posted several times before on this subject but my local dealer replaced more than 120 engines or partial engines in 2017 and 2018, not sure what the current count is. I may still be loosing some coolant on the replacement engine, now at 7500 miles TBD. This is very much a second car hence the very low mileage.
Two basic problems; the head gasket for one but more seriously a crack in the cylinder walls in the open block design. The technician showed me the crack location although I don't have a photograph.
Regards,
Ray

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is my opinion that everybody on this forum that has had a coolant leak issue (especially if your engine was replaced) post thier diagnosis and outcome on this forum thread. Its obvious that Ford is not recognizing the fact that there is an issue, albiet a small pertentage, with thier engines. If we take the issue to this forum maybe we will get a redress of grievances. Ford management may view this forum with a higher degree of scrutiny which might help the cause.

they knew all along

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium FWD 1.5L Ecoboost
8 Posts
Hello, I am brand new to this forum. We are trying to decide rather to keep or trade in our Escape. Our powertrain and safety systems warranty will expire on November 29, 2021. It is already paid off, but we are deeply concerned about this engine coolant seepage problem. We had the 19B37 PCM update completed a week after the letter arrived in the mail. Our engine used to have a rough and raspy sounding idle while parked, but now has a much quieter and smoother sounding idle while parked following the software update. We recently took it to the dealership for an oil change, and our service advisor told us that he feels Ford will offer an extended warranty coverage for this specific problem, but who really knows for sure? Glad to hear that a class action lawsuit for the Ecoboost engine problems is in the works!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I am brand new to this forum. We are trying to decide rather to keep or trade in our Escape. Our powertrain and safety systems warranty will expire on November 29, 2021. It is already paid off, but we are deeply concerned about this engine coolant seepage problem. We had the 19B37 PCM update completed a week after the letter arrived in the mail. Our engine used to have a rough and raspy sounding idle while parked, but now has a much quieter and smoother sounding idle while parked following the software update. We recently took it to the dealership for an oil change, and our service advisor told us that he feels Ford will offer an extended warranty coverage for this specific problem, but who really knows for sure? Glad to hear that a class action lawsuit for the Ecoboost engine problems is in the works!
call ford corporate and tell them what yuo want if they dont give it to you tell them escalate the call and get a supervisor. If they still dont give it to you trade befroe warranty ends. I may not happen to you as my wifes work has one over 200000 miles
and no problems but ours went at 48000 its a gamble

·
Registered
8 Posts
call ford corporate and tell them what yuo want if they dont give it to you tell them escalate the call and get a supervisor. If they still dont give it to you trade befroe warranty ends. I may not happen to you as my wifes work has one over 200000 miles
and no problems but ours went at 48000 its a gamble
I called Ford Customer Service before and they gave me a case number. The man I spoke with was very friendly, but refused to give me a definitive answer as to whether they would assist us with an engine replacement after the warranty expires. I am taking that as a no for now. One of our neighbors has a Fusion that required an engine replacement due to coolant seepage at only 12,000 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I called Ford Customer Service before and they gave me a case number. The man I spoke with was very friendly, but refused to give me a definitive answer as to whether they would assist us with an engine replacement after the warranty expires. I am taking that as a no for now. One of our neighbors has a Fusion that required an engine replacement due to coolant seepage at only 12,000 miles.
I have a perfect service history, it’s my third Ford in a row bought from this dealer and they still are a bit draggy re: they’re feet. I still expect everything to be worked out, but if you’re out of warranty when this goes down: expect the worst.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The local Ford dealer here told us they have performed almost 100 engine replacements over the past year for the coolant intrusion problem. They also stated the age and mileage of the engine failure incidents were all over the map.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
201 - 220 of 240 Posts