2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Engine light w/wrench symbol. Don't know about codes yet. This is a complete new engine.
Hopefully all it is was the coolant system not properly filled and you have air bubble.

·
Registered
Focus 1.5 Ecoboost
3 Posts
Hello everyone

I do not have an Escape but I do have a Focus from the year 2017 that shares the same engine, 1.5L Ecoboost, I am from Spain.
I have known about this engine problem for a long time and I knew that this problem would come until a few days ago it happened to me, the engine lost power but it did not overheat or consume coolant.
The diagnosis from the official workshop is that cylinder 2 has a problem, the short block must be replaced, the vehicle is under warranty so I do not have to pay anything.

They will give me the redesigned block with reference DS7G-6011-JA, someone with that block has had problems again?

Greetings and thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,732 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

They will give me the redesigned block with reference DS7G-6011-JA, someone with that block has had problems again?
Are you asking if anybody has had a failure after having their engine repaired using the redesigned block?

·
Registered
Focus 1.5 Ecoboost
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Are you asking if anybody has had a failure after having their engine repaired using the redesigned block?
Thanks mate!!

Yes, that I would like to know;)
Although perhaps it is too early to have experiences.

Here in Spain there are not many known cases ... Perhaps the affected people do not use the forums to share.

Mine has failed with 36.000miles/58.000km

·
Super Moderator
2,732 Posts
Here in Spain there are not many known cases ... Perhaps the affected people do not use the forums to share.
The US Escape sourced the 1.5l 4 cylinder EcoBoost from different engine plants to the Valencia (Spain) built Kuga/ Escape. There are some people on the UK Kuga forum that have engines using coolant and Ford UK are brushing it off saying it's normal. I'm not aware of anyone actually having had their engine rebuilt like is happening a lot with the US Escape. Given you've got a Focus- where is that made and what does the sticker on the engine say for where it was made?

·
Registered
Focus 1.5 Ecoboost
3 Posts
My vehicle was manufactured at the Saarlouis plant in Germany. The engine in some places I read that it was in the UK and in others that it was in Romania.

Thats the TSB here in Spain

·
Super Moderator
2,732 Posts
You should find a sticker on the engine's head area on the end closest to the guard (LHS as you look into the engine bay standing in front of the car.) If you've got a plastic engine cover you may need to remove it. It will have some details on it including which engine plant it was made in. Bridgend in the UK was where the Valencia built Kuga's 1.5l 4cyl EcoBoost was made. Romania or China seem to be where the US built Escape 1.5l 4 Cylinder EcoBoost engines originate from.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts