2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2017 Escape 2.0 in Lightning Blue Metallic. It has the sport package, Technology Package, 2.0 Ecoboost, Power Liftgate, All weather mats, Cargo mat, and Navigation. I will post all of my mods to the vehicle in one post so that everyone can see the progression of the vehicle. I traded in my 2005 F150 on the escape. It is my daily driver and will be getting a few performance mods as well as a few visual upgrades to set it apart from the crowd.
1.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My very first mod was a vent to atmosphere adapter. The adapter that I bought was for a Mini Cooper Sport and it fits perfectly on the escape.
2.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
My very first mod was a vent to atmosphere adapter. The adapter that I bought was for a Mini Cooper Sport and it fits perfectly on the escape.
View attachment 66474
What does that do?

2017 Escape Titanium 2.0L 4WD - White Platinum - Sport Appearance Package

300A/Navigation/Panoramic Vista Sunroof/Adaptive Cruise Control/Remote Start/Backup Camera/All-Weather floor mats

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next up was some work on the air inlet. I set out to replace the factory accordian tube that is hooked to the airbox. After some searching and seeing some of the outrageous prices that places wanted for this elbow I decided to try to make my own. I ordered a 3" 45 degree silicone elbow.. I cut 1" off of one side and cut a small notch on the end. It fits great and was fairly cheap compared to the alternatives. I also removed the intake snorkel that is under the front cover. Whenever I get around to getting a replacement grill and removing the front bumper, I will 3d print a ram air intake that mounts where the snorkel was similar to the one that is sold be velossa tech for the focus.

4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts
That silicone tubing looks great...and it comes in many colors I assume? Nice work so far! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That silicone tubing looks great...and it comes in many colors I assume? Nice work so far! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
I know that I saw red, blue, and black in my searches but I'm sure there are other colors available as well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bull1tt you will see very little (or none) improvement installing that big mouth ram air tube, first hand experience, all you get are a bunch of bugs and debris on the air filter. I have since re-install the stock tube which already is ram air, my $.02.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bull1tt you will see very little (or none) improvement installing that big mouth ram air tube, first hand experience, all you get are a bunch of bugs and debris on the air filter. I have since re-install the stock tube which already is ram air, my $.02.
The stock setup on mine is not ram air. It is actually turned 90 degrees so that it faces the side of the vehicle. I removed that piece because it is quite a bit smaller than the inlet hole that passes through into the airbox. The big mouth will not fit mine. Did it fit the previous model front end?

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
They should've made a real Sport... not just an appearance package... like the Explorer and Edge Sport. Give it a 2.3 EcoBoost like what is in the new base Explorer or Mustang... that would be nice!

I would have bought one instead of the MKC 2.3 I bought.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided to 3d print an insert for the rear motor mount. I removed the motor mount and drew an insert and then 3d printed it. The finished product looked great. I installed the insert into the stock mount and backed it out of the garage. I immediately pulled the escape back into the garage and removed the insert. The vibrations while in gear were too much. It vibrated horribly and felt like it was going to shake the vehicle apart. The hood was literally bouncing around and the whole vehicle was vibrating terribly. I never even drove it because the vibration at idle was terrible. I may try the electric focus mount because stiffening up the stock mount was too much vibration for me, lol. If anyone wants a 3d printed insert, let me know, but it was too much vibration for me to handle on the daily drive.:|

7.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's been a while since I updated my build. I have a lot of parts waiting for me to install, including a Cobb Filter, Catch can, H&R Springs, Footwell lighting, and a honeycomb grill. Today I started working on a custom vertical trailer hitch and a custom center exit exhaust. Hopefully I will update with pics in the next few days.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Over the long holiday weekend I managed to build my vertical hitch, install my center exit exhaust, and black out the rear bumper reflectors. . The hitch is completely hidden until I insert the receiver piece into the vertical section. Then it has a 2" receiver like any other hitch. For the exhaust I deleted the muffler and split the pipes into two center exit 4" Tips. I bought a bumper insert from an escape S that did not have any exhaust cutouts and made my own cutout. I have attached a few pics. The first is in daily driver mode, 2nd is with the hitch receiver installed, and the 3rd is with a hitch carrier inserted. You can also see the bumper reflectors blacked out in all of the pics.
0529181724a.jpg
0529181724.jpg
0529181723_Burst01-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Over the long holiday weekend I managed to build my vertical hitch, install my center exit exhaust, and black out the rear bumper reflectors. . The hitch is completely hidden until I insert the receiver piece into the vertical section. Then it has a 2" receiver like any other hitch. For the exhaust I deleted the muffler and split the pipes into two center exit 4" Tips. I bought a bumper insert from an escape S that did not have any exhaust cutouts and made my own cutout. I have attached a few pics. The first is in daily driver mode, 2nd is with the hitch receiver installed, and the 3rd is with a hitch carrier inserted. You can also see the bumper reflectors blacked out in all of the pics.
View attachment 68402
View attachment 68410
View attachment 68418

Love that exhaust!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bull1tt very nice, is the center exit exhaust a cat back system? did you replace the lower bumper cover piece or fill up the 2 original exhaust cut out? thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bull1tt very nice, is the center exit exhaust a cat back system? did you replace the lower bumper cover piece or fill up the 2 original exhaust cut out? thanks.

It is not a catback. I cut out the rear muffler where the pipe comes over the rear suspension, deleted the muffler completely and split the pipe into the two tips. I bought the rear panel from a base model Escape S and made the cutout in it for the tips.

·
Registered
362 Posts
With the rear bumper reflectors blacked out, do you still have some reflectors on the rear? Do the taillights have any reflectors? I am not familiar with the latest taillight design, mine being a 2015.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With the rear bumper reflectors blacked out, do you still have some reflectors on the rear? Do the taillights have any reflectors? I am not familiar with the latest taillight design, mine being a 2015.

The taillights have some reflectiveness to them. If it is dark enough for the reflectors to be of any use then the taillights will be on anyway.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts