2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford Escape, Titanium Trim, 2.0l Ecoboost
12 Posts
So the green A with the circle illuminates when you come to a stop but the engine does not shut down as it should? How long was your run as it appears it is nearly working. :)
That still indicates a battery issue and as mentioned before it needs to be fully charged and holding a full charge for the stop/start system to operate. If you haven't been using the car much or just doing short trips in recent times this could still be the problem as the battery may be showing a good charge after a run but now could be faulty and not retaining the charge sufficiently so it may be worth your while having it tested to see if it is holding charge. Possibly you could do this yourself by testing it the next day before you go on another drive.
Ok. I will try that Monday. I do not expect to use the car tomorrow, since we are still locked down here in Southern Ontario. Had a nice drive today throughout the Niagara Escarpment. I must say the car handles twisty turns like a dream. Those 19" rims and tires make quite a difference. Cheers!

·
Registered
2018 Ford Escape, Titanium Trim, 2.0l Ecoboost
12 Posts
Ok. I will try that Monday. I do not expect to use the car tomorrow, since we are still locked down here in Southern Ontario. Had a nice drive today throughout the Niagara Escarpment. I must say the car handles twisty turns like a dream. Those 19" rims and tires make quite a difference. Cheers!
Well, no joy. Although this time, when i started her up on Monday, the A/ light was off and not showing on the screen. It only came on when i was just about dead stop at my first stop light. Drove over to my SIL again, tested that battery and no charge, reads still the same 12+. Was thinking of an ECM/PCM reset ala disconnecting the battery, but seems kind of drastic. Oh well, will continue to drive it like always. Maybe even turn the SnS dash button to "Off" for the next while, to see if it makes any differencel.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Ok....sorry if I appear repetitive but did you test the battery prior to driving off on the Monday after the car had sat overnight or for the weekend? As you know this is the only way to prove that it is actually holding it's charge. Possibly you cannot do this at home as you don't have the relevant gear there so perhaps you should get an auto electrician to test it as they can ascertain whether it is faulty or not regardless of it's current charge.

The first part of your comments above describe normal behaviour of the S/S system except your engine is not shutting off apparently. I still suspect that your battery has not charged sufficiently at that point to operate the S/S system.

Your battery still reads 12 + when tested as you say but that was after driving for some time and possibly charging it sufficiently but does not prove it is retaining charge.

201 - 203 of 203 Posts