2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting on the forums, but I've been looking for advice here for a while. I was wondering if someone could help me with an issue I'm experiencing.
I have a 2017 Titanium without the factory tow package. I decided to go ahead and order the class I hitch (CJ5Z-17D826-A), which said it was compatible with all trim levels of the Escape (including S), so I assumed it would fit just fine.

After successfully getting the OEM wiring harness installed, I dropped the bumper skin, removed the standard steel bumper, and lo and behold, the holes on the new towbar don't quite match up with the bolts at the end of the frame rails. They are about 1/4 of an inch off. I see that these bolts appear to be welded on, and if not, is there a proper procedure for removing them? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, after sitting the tow bar on top of the standard bumper and looking at the alignment, I found the passenger side rail of the towbar was bent inward. Luckily, I was able to bend it back. Will be letting my dealer know about this. Ridiculous for a $400+ piece of metal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts