2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the evolution of my grill. I started with factory gray grill and gray lower trim. I painted the lower trim black and installed a black overlay. Easy 10 minute install. It looked much better. But wasn't quite what I wanted. So Did a full honeycomb grill replacement. Not an easy install. The entire front bumper had to be removed.

Now I have a black overlay that is in excellent condition that costs $200 new on eBay. I plan to list it for $100 on eBay.

Here are the pictures:

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Nice. The blacked out grill does look clean but once you add that badge to the honeycomb grill I do agree it looks better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. The blacked out grill does look clean but once you add that badge to the honeycomb grill I do agree it looks better.
I am going without the badge. I think it looks cleaner. I will be also be blacking out the badge on the back.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Personal preference I suppose....I prefer what you started with, same as mine now.
Maybe I am old fashioned.. :LOL:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personal preference I suppose....I prefer what you started with, same as mine now.
Maybe I am old fashioned.. :LOL:
That’s cool. I thought it looked generic. I think the honeycomb gives it a more aggressive and sporty look. I’m going to do a light tint on the headlights next to protect the plastic and give it an even even more aggressive appearance. But I’m not going for a full black out. I like a little Chrome trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts