2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2017 escape and when it came to me the headlights knob was set to auto so i legt it there. However I notice on my dash the green parking lights icon is lit. Am I driving with only parking lights at night?! The manual is so unhelpful, I want some simple directions to check to make sure Im driving with the right lights on at night! Tell me like im 3, please.

·
Registered
2020 Escape
56 Posts
Cover the sensor on the dash with a dark cloth to block the light, start the vehicle, go and look to see if your lights are on. If you are referencing the green light indicator in your dash. The indicator means your lights are on. Move the switch from auto to manual headlights on and check your lights also.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Can see at night: headlights are on.

Can not see at night: headlights are off.

But in seriousness, SledDog is right. Except for the blue highbeam indicator, basically the dash icons are useless so don't really worry about them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The green dash indicator could be for either parking lights on only, or also for both parking lights and the standard normal beam headlights (ie. not daytime running or high beam lights).

I’m an old-school type of guy so I always used to set the lights manually, however I’ve recently started to let the “auto” detection do the work (on both our 2017 Escape SE and our 2019 Ranger).

If it’s bright and sunny and the green dash indicator is off but then turns on when it starts to darken outside then all is good 👌

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Titanium AWD
15 Posts
The green bulb is low beam, the two green bulbs are the fogs. Unless you change it in forscan, your lows act as your DRLs if you have halogen lights if I remember correctly. i.e. your lows are on no matter what, albeit at a lower wattage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts