2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2017 but unfortunately, it did not come with the 8" touchscreen. My initial thinking led me to investigating whether or not I could take an OEM factory 8" touchscreen from another Escape and install it in mine. I can't seem to find good info online. So here I am. First Question: Is that even possible? Second Question: Can anyone share their aftermarket radio upgrades or recommendations? I would like to keep the factory steering wheel controls/back cam etc. I hear the backup cam is probably a no go but I believe that you can keep the 4.2" screen for the backup came and install a touchscreen aftermarket radio as well. Thanks in advance. Good Day.

P.S. I included a photo of both dashes.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have seen something on YouTube in reference to this...going from the 4.2 inch to the 8 inch MFT. It's out there, but I think that it is going to be a pricey upgrade.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape SE EcoBoost 1.5L
14 Posts
I have the same radio. I put in 2 subs and still use my factory radio. It works really well. I tapped into the rear speaker wires and ran wires to my Pac audio LOC w/remote turn on (very important that it has a remote turn on wire. That way you don't need to find another power source. Just run the blue remote turn on wire to your amp (power screw) and then anytime your LOC (line out converter) gets radio signal from your head unit it will turn on the amp. Then after you have ran your power wire to your amp from your car battery, it is all plug and play!! Still got your stock radio, all functions, and now you have some thund in your music!! Easy upgrade and costs about 60 for wiring and LOC. Only cost is subs and amp and box. Look for deals, Amazon is great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts