2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Escape Lightning Blue Titanium w/EcoBoost and AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this forum and am enjoying it...

I have a 2017 Escape Titanium with the EcoBoost and AWD. When getting up around 40-50mph or so, it has this loud vibration/shuddering. After a bunch of trial and error, I finally brought up the intelligent 4wd display and noticed that it seems to happen when it sends power to the rear wheels. I can drive smoothly at the same speed but anytime I need to accelerate and the display shows power to the rear wheels it does it. Different mechanics, of course, have different opinions. Tires which we have changed. The mounts for the transfer case, which I believe that Ford calls a power module (not the actual transmission) which applies the power to the rear dif which are a mfg fault and not correctable. Changing fluid to a less slip allowing fluid in the power module. This makes the most sense to me as it ’feels’ like it could be... slipping? The dealership of course tells me that this module is sealed and non serviceable so I need to have that whole module replaced with no warranty. Taking her to a driveline repair facility today to see if the Dealership is on it or full of it. Am I alone in this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update... Our driveline guy stated that it is '100% beyond any doubt' that it is the transmission and verified it by finding black fluid plus metal shavings and that at 83k miles 'we are lucky it lasted that long in the first place...' Guess I'm gonna read up on this forum and see if the transmissions are really that much of a weak point...

On the better front, The person who sold us the car (a Cousin who is the Sales Mgr at a local dealership) found out how both the servicing dealership and ext warranty company had their info wrong and that the drivetrain is indeed covered. We were told that it was an electronics and such partial wtty only and would eat the 5-6k to replace it. So now our driveline guy will be doing the repair. We shall see...

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,422 Posts
Guess I'm gonna read up on this forum and see if the transmissions are really that much of a weak point...
Welcome to the forum- sorry to read about your transmission problems. Hopefully you get it fixed under the warranty.

There are a few posts on here regarding trans issues, but they don't appear overall to be a problem if preventative maintenance is done. For example, do a fluid change sooner than the high mileage Ford recommends. (Keep in mind there are over 24000 members on here so you're sure to find some failures.)

Reactions: Druski67

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. At least I know what it appears to be. Wish the Dealership I took it to and paid for diagnosis at had found it. Was told the power module was at fault and everything else looked fine... Water under the bridge and moving on with a lesson learned.
I really do like the car. Never owned a Ford before and am surprised just what this car can do and pull. Glad I got the factory tow package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts