2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape 2.0L Titanium Sports Appearance Package
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first post in this forum so I apologize if this is not the correct location.

I have a 2017 Escape with an all black sports appearance package. I put on a honeycomb front grille that no longer has the ford oval emblem, but the liftgate still has the standard blue oval emblem on back. I want to replace the blue emblem with an all black one - planning to buy from ebay - but I don't know how difficult it is to replace the blue emblem or what this process looks like. I've searched this forum and the rest of the internet for hours, but I can't find a solution that doesn't involve breaking the back latches on the existing emblem by prying them off (the closest solution I could find is a thread on this website where the user broke them off).

Does anyone know how to do this? Help!

·
Registered
241 Posts
As far as I know, they are just mounted with double sided tape. At least that's how my '13 is and any other Ford I've taken the rear badge off. If your really afraid, remove the whole trim piece and look at the back to make sure there aren't any tabs or bolts.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Watch this video. A heat gun is a must. You should get the emblem pretty hot, just don't blister the surrounding paint. I would just use a plastic trim removal tool, but if you want to use dental floss that will only work itself behind the emblem only so far until it hits the locator pins that protrude from the backside of the emblem. If you can, first remove the emblem before ordering your new one thus insuring you get the correct pin placement on the backside.

After removing the old badge, the clean up is usually the hardest part. Be careful what solvents you use.

·
Registered
2019 Escape S 2.5L named Route :)
34 Posts
Great video! Thanks for sharing!

The dealer was suppose to debadge mine and like the rest of their services, it wasnt fully done so got to finish it myself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts