2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else had problems with the panels underneath the rocker panel rattling at highway speeds. Dealers fix passenger side,now driver side is rattling. Hope this is not ongoing problem

·
Registered
66 Posts
Rattling plastic panels on 2017 Escape

In 2017 , Ford added flexible , plastic sheets (2) under the floorboards on the ESCAPE. They are located under the seating area. Why? Noise reduction? Less water splash to components? I do not know.

Unfortunately, the front EDGE of these are a problem. Above 60 km / hour (30 mph), they will rattle/flutter. It sounds like it is coming from the cowl area.

There is a single PUSH PIN at the front that tends to pull out a bit. Take it out and put some good glue or silicone sealer (not water base !)
and push it back in place. I added foam across the front edge, so air would not get under it .

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody else had problems with the panels underneath the rocker panel rattling at highway speeds. Dealers fix passenger side,now driver side is rattling. Hope this is not ongoing problem
I have this problem with my 2017 on the passenger side and it’s starting on the driver side. It seems like the plastic in the wheel well coming loose? What did they do to fix the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
I have this problem with my 2017 on the passenger side and it’s starting on the driver side. It seems like the plastic in the wheel well coming loose? What did they do to fix the issue.
You didn't mention the mileage on your escape? Is it possible it's still under warranty?

Welcome to our forum. For any of us to be of any assistance to you, you should read here before you post Welcome and Guidelines Please update your "signature" to show ALL of the pertinent information. See my signature below as an example. Have a nice day. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You didn't mention the mileage on your escape? Is it possible it's still under warranty?

Welcome to our forum. For any of us to be of any assistance to you, you should read here before you post Welcome and Guidelines Please update your "signature" to show ALL of the pertinent information. See my signature below as an example. Have a nice day. :)
3 years and 64,000 miles so I’ll have to check if it meets warranty or not. Thanks

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
An earlier thread on this subject.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rattling plastic panels on 2017 Escape

In 2017 , Ford added flexible , plastic sheets (2) under the floorboards on the ESCAPE. They are located under the seating area. Why? Noise reduction? Less water splash to components? I do not know.

Unfortunately, the front EDGE of these are a problem. Above 60 km / hour (30 mph), they will rattle/flutter. It sounds like it is coming from the cowl area.

There is a single PUSH PIN at the front that tends to pull out a bit. Take it out and put some good glue or silicone sealer (not water base !)
and push it back in place. I added foam across the front edge, so air would not get under it .

I hope that helps.
Do you access this under the car? Have recently had splash shield replaced now I'm getting the same rattle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you access this under the car? Have recently had splash shield replaced now I'm getting the same rattle.
Yes, everything is outside ,underneath. There are some Tin Nuts , plastic THUMB Nuts and Push pins at the front.
These were first installed on 2017 Escapes. The Thumb Nuts can be tightened with your Thumb and finger.
The 2 pushpins at the front are the problem. Glue them in place or use bigger pins. Use foam or plastic sheets to glue the front edge to prevent the air from getting underneath at highway speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts