2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the model changeover schedule for the 2017/2018 Escape.
06/02/2017 - 2017MY Fleet Final Order Date
06/29/2017 - 2017MY Last Day to Spec Change
08/27/2017 - 2017MY Job Last Date
06/12/2017 - 2018MY Order Bank Open Date
07/13/2017 - 2018MY Scheduling Begins
08/28/2017 - 2018MY Job #1 Date

·
Registered
103 Posts
WOW, way later than last years last order date. Was hoping to get a preview of what the 2018 offered before delivery of my 2017 but I doubt we'll get any info until late spring/early summer. That and my order just skipped a stage and jumped from 18 days to 5 days est. delivery ;)

After I take possession I may have to put on the blinders for the 2018 features to avoid any buyers remorse though. >:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2018 Escape Order Guide will be available on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. I take that as before 6/12/2017 as a order guide is needed to place a order when the 2018MY Order Bank Opens.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
While looking for something else, I stumbled across this 2018 Escape brochure on the Ford fleet website. Not a lot of detail, but it appears there are few if any changes from 2017. There are a couple of new paint colors, a darker blue and something called "Cinnamon Glaze."

Here is the link to the PDF file:

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2018/2018_Escape_new.pdf
Nice find. New colors look interesting. Also noticed heated seats standard on SE now.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well, that's a bummer! Just got my "17 SE and wish I could have gotten heated seats. Oh well, can't win 'em all.
I noticed something and this might be the case with this brochure. Say's "heated seats" standard. I live in the US and was confused as to why my 2017 Titanium shows the "Supplemental Heater", "Heated Steering Wheel", and "Engine Block Heater as part of the base Titanium Package but I don;t have any of that on mine. It's part of a package but the brochure shows "Standard"........ Then I read the print on the bottom, it say's "Ford has the right to change any specifications anytime and for further info contact ford.ca"........ Never noticed the brochure I save was the Canadian version ! Found the US version and in the US they are part of an "option" package........ Just thinking, maybe the "Heated Seats" on the 2018 being standard on the SE model might be for Canada only and an option on US models........

Here is from the 2017 Escape Brochure. The US version for the SE version don't have an option for heated seats. The "Canadian Version" shows "Front Heated Seats - Standard".....

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I noticed something and this might be the case with this brochure. Say's "heated seats" standard. I live in the US and was confused as to why my 2017 Titanium shows the "Supplemental Heater", "Heated Steering Wheel", and "Engine Block Heater as part of the base Titanium Package but I don;t have any of that on mine. It's part of a package but the brochure shows "Standard"........ Then I read the print on the bottom, it say's "Ford has the right to change any specifications anytime and for further info contact ford.ca"........ Never noticed the brochure I save was the Canadian version ! Found the US version and in the US they are part of an "option" package........ Just thinking, maybe the "Heated Seats" on the 2018 being standard on the SE model might be for Canada only and an option on US models........

Here is from the 2017 Escape Brochure. The US version for the SE version don't have an option for heated seats. The "Canadian Version" shows "Front Heated Seats - Standard".....
Interesting find. I guess we will have to wait to see. I also found it odd that it mentions the engine block heater but heard nothing of it from the dealer, guess that is why.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been lurking for a long time while deciding on exactly what I want in a new Escape. I'll finally be able to pull the trigger in a couple of months and I see they've discontinued Canyon Ridge on the E. I am wicked bummed. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been lurking for a long time while deciding on exactly what I want in a new Escape. I'll finally be able to pull the trigger in a couple of months and I see they've discontinued Canyon Ridge on the E. I am wicked bummed. :(
Interesting! I really like the look of the Canyon Ridge on my Escape... it looks like that Cinnamon Glaze color is the replacement but it appears to be a burgundy color in that brochure.

I wonder if there are plans to make Bi-Xenon HID headlamps available for all model packages (including the Sport Appearance package) instead of it continuing to be limited to the Technology package. This the one thing I don't like about the 2017 Escape.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Ford ships block heaters standard in all vehicles to certain states, including mine (Alaska), if the vehicle, when on the assembly line, is pre-destined for one of those states. They have at least one engine that there is no block heater though... so that's an exception to the rule.

·
Registered
223 Posts

There's really not much change for '18... why not try to get or order a '17 with the color you really want?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Isn't it too late at this point? The 2018 orders open today I think...
I'm not sure what you are asking exactly or if I'm the best person to try to answer your question since this thread is discussing fleet orders, but the '18 Escape is not listed publicly on the regular Ford website yet. You should still be able to order/build your own 2017 Escape.

·
Registered
208 Posts
What the heck happens to all the new cars that don't sell by the time the new ones come in/out?

·
Registered
107 Posts
What the heck happens to all the new cars that don't sell by the time the new ones come in/out?

They'll sell, eventually. Ford will offer model year close-out incentives to clear them out. As an example, we bought our 2016 shortly after the 2017s came out. At that time, Ford was offering $3500 of incentives. It was hard to turn that down (plus the selection of 2017s wasn't very good yet). Any stragglers will get even larger incentives.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts