2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

81 - 100 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So they filled it up with coolant, sent it on its way. In 2 weeks it's lost another quart of coolant, check engine light has finally come on for the misfires on cold start. Going to take to a different dealer and let them see if they can find where it's going. This POS is definitely going back to lemon city at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have smilar problem, in dealer now. Below is the info they provided. The short block needs to be placed, so sad....
------
TSB #SSM 47849
NHTSA ID #10156569
Effective Date: MARCH 07 2019
Summary: Some 2014-2019 Fusion and 2017-2019 Escape equipped with 1.5L Ecoboost engine may exhibit coolant consumption and white smoke concern. Follow the Cooling System Pressure Test procedure in WSM, Section 303-03, pressurize the cooling syste

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took mine to a different dealer. They tested it and it failed so they ordered an engine for it. Now trying to get a loaner car from enterprise, they said it had to be a ford but there's none in town.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 2.0 ecoboost. With 54,000 miles.
Started loosing coolant fluid no leaks. . Also check engine light came on, gave a code of number 2 cylinder misfire. Idles real rough when starting. Almost wants to stall. In the morning the exhaust stinks like coolant also Smokey.

·
Super Moderator
5,506 Posts
I have a2017 2.0 ecoboost. With 54,000 miles.
Started loosing coolant fluid no leaks. . Also check engine light came on, gave a code of number 2 cylinder misfire. Idles real rough when starting. Almost wants to stall. In the morning the exhaust stinks like coolant also Smokey.
I merged your thread with this existing thread on the same topic. Have a look through the other posts for some advice with this issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Morning all, just figured i would add my story. 2017 SE 1.5 with 9000 miles on it. Started running rough than came a p0302 code. misfire code. got so bad that i had to have it towed to dealer after i noticed no antifreeze in overflow tank. Fist look they tell me it needed a head, call back again and they now have to put a new short block in. 9 weeks later i get it back and the dealer tells me there are like 12 cars like my problem there now. i also have a 2014 escape with same motor 50,000 miles and not happy with that one at all. Good thing i took out the extended warranty.

·
Registered
174 Posts
For those with the 1.5L engine...does anyone know the amount of coolant it takes to fill the reservoir from the min line to the max?

·
Registered
13 Posts
engine issueI Lease a 2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5 in on 6/19 19 I had a mis-fire in Cylinder 1 /code PO301,PO316 came up which verified the Check Engine light, ,they pretty much replaced everything you could say everything except a New Engine ,well now on this day my Engine light comes on again, I have a FIXD chip that I could hook up to a port underneath my Steering wheel to Diagnose the problem ,I get PO303 and PO316 code come up a mis fire in the first 1000 RPMS occurs and and PO303 misfire in Cylinder 3 just discovered this afternoon ,This is the 3rd time going back for a engine issue First time they replaced Crankcase Sensor ,getting very tired of this, sorry for my language,Im leasing this Vehicle feel like telling them to keep it .

·
Registered
27 Posts
engine issueI Lease a 2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5 in on 6/19 19 I had a mis-fire in Cylinder 1 /code PO301,PO316 came up which verified the Check Engine light, ,they pretty much replaced everything you could say everything except a New Engine ,well now on this day my Engine light comes on again, I have a FIXD chip that I could hook up to a port underneath my Steering wheel to Diagnose the problem ,I get PO303 and PO316 code come up a mis fire in the first 1000 RPMS occurs and and PO303 misfire in Cylinder 3 just discovered this afternoon ,This is the 3rd time going back for a engine issue First time they replaced Crankcase Sensor ,getting very tired of this, sorry for my language,Im leasing this Vehicle feel like telling them to keep it .
Just a thought. You might want to make sure that they ran the "engine misfire monitor neutral profile correction" routine after changing the crankshaft sensor. From what I've read, that can cause some of your issues.
Hope this helps,
George

·
Registered
13 Posts
I really appreciate this George ,but here's were I'm at, now took it to Dana Ford on Staten island ,I have a chip called FIXD and with the app ,I checked into the problem ,came up wit mis fire in cylinder #3 ,They told me know its not in any means drivable and they are ordering a New Engine on top of this they have No loaner for me ,Spoke with General Manager of Dana he listened and gave me wrong # to corporate it was payment center # ugh I got the number on my own called them ,they told me as long as it is warrantied and they fix it there is nothing they can do My Escape only has 27,818 mile 2 it ,This is third time for same issue ,just a bit frustrated by this issue,Ive maintained this Vehicle to the T.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I really appreciate this George ,but here's were I'm at, now took it to Dana Ford on Staten island ,I have a chip called FIXD and with the app ,I checked into the problem ,came up wit mis fire in cylinder #3 ,They told me know its not in any means drivable and they are ordering a New Engine on top of this they have No loaner for me ,Spoke with General Manager of Dana he listened and gave me wrong # to corporate it was payment center # ugh I got the number on my own called them ,they told me as long as it is warrantied and they fix it there is nothing they can do My Escape only has 27,818 mile 2 it ,This is third time for same issue ,just a bit frustrated by this issue,Ive maintained this Vehicle to the T.

·
Registered
13 Posts
UPDATE/ Dana Ford has decided my 2018 Ford Escape is getting a New Engine my Vehicle will be out of service for at least 2 weeks or so, Engine on order suppose to arrive on Thursday ,just tired of this non sense trying to get out of my lease

·
Registered
174 Posts
the number on my own called them ,they told me as long as it is warrantied and they fix it there is nothing they can do My Escape only has 27,818 mile 2 it
What more do you expect them to do? They're fixing it under warranty; you're not paying a dime other than your time. Unless your vehicle meets your state's lemon law specifications, they have no obligation to buy your vehicle back.
just tired of this non sense trying to get out of my lease
You're vehicle is leased, which typically means it won't be out of warranty during your lease terms. I'm scratching my head as to what the big deal is and why you're so desperate to get out of the lease. The situation sucks, but it could happen with any vehicle/manufacturer.

Suggestion: Please proof-read your posts before you post them. Using only commas and random capital letters makes your posts difficult to parse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What more do you expect them to do? They're fixing it under warranty; you're not paying a dime other than your time. Unless your vehicle meets your state's lemon law specifications, they have no obligation to buy your vehicle back.

You're vehicle is leased, which typically means it won't be out of warranty during your lease terms. I'm scratching my head as to what the big deal is and why you're so desperate to get out of the lease. The situation sucks, but it could happen with any vehicle/manufacturer.

Suggestion: Please proof-read your posts before you post them. Using only commas and random capital letters makes your posts difficult to parse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just a couple weeks ago after 22,000 miles and a little more than a year of owning my 2018 Escape 1.5L Ecoboost the CEL came on indicating a misfire on #2 cylinder. Thinking it would be a simple coil replacement I scheduled a waiting appointment with my dealership. I was surprised to hear they found coolant leaking in #2 and I would have to bring it back the following week for a more detailed troubleshooting. Long story short they ended up pulling the engine and found areas of indentation on the block. They are going to replace the engine under warranty. The short block is on back order and they are seeing if they can get a long block instead. I found one other post with the exact same problem down to the short block back order situation on another site. In searching the internet for any other similar issues I came across this site. Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem being wide spread? What am I in for with an engine replacement?
How did things work out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
See post #60...
Thanks. I am wondering if these replacement engines are still running with no issues after a few thousand miles. My faith in Ford vehicles is now at an all-time low. I am surprised Ford hasn't been hit with a class-action lawsuit yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My experience....Mine engine was replaced...a 1.5l...after 6 weeks and 3 attempts to return it to us, the CEL kept coming on. We were frustrated, they made us a good offer on a trade, so we took a 2019 1.5l. I kept checking at the dealer. They put our 2018 on their lot almost immediately, presumed they sold it in about a week.....then it was back on their lot about 2 weeks later, with additional miles, then another week or so later it was off their website and I have not seen it again. Maybe they got the CEL issue fixed. When on their lot, they advertised it as a certified used car and gave it a longer warranty. They never mentioned that to us when it was returned to us 3 different times. Hoping our new FE gives us a better experience.....

81 - 100 of 139 Posts