2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im gonna be replacing the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail to see if it fixes the problem. But not sure if theres more than one sensor. Could it be the High pressure pump? Tried taking it to the dealership to be fixed but they kept the car 2 weeks without touching it and kept telling me im up next. So got tired of it and gonna fix it myself. Will start up fine but has poor acceleration no power and will stall if given to much gas, Any pointers would help. TIA

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I assume the dealership is an official Ford one? If it is I would start there. I would call someone in the higher up or the manager and complain. This doesn't guarantee instant service but never know. I know that some dealerships are really struggling when it comes to getting parts in but I'm not sure if this was the issue you were facing or not.

To answer your question on the fuel pressure sensor there seems to be only one according to this schematic.

The best thing to do is take it one step at a time. First replace the senor if that doesn't do it then try the fuel pump. I know this is a lot of money and time consuming but that's cars for you. I'm not trying to be funny or uncaring but as cars become more complex a step by step process is needed to make sure we do things right and that we cover all our bases.

This is probably not the best video on how to replace the fuel pump since the engine is already outside the Escape but it's the only one I found.

Good luck!

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,014 Posts
Go for the sensor first, after you get it installed start the car and check for leaks then disconnect the battery for say 15 minutes, after that reconnect and road test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts