2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever it goes into start stop everything continues to work until the engine restarts then the dashcam, which is hardwired to fuse 85, and the satellite radio turn off and back on. This will take 1-2 mins for the signal to boot back up and sound to resume.

Any ideas what this could be?

Probably unrelated but the 12v plug on the back of the center console doesn't work either.

Just bought the vehicle 2 weeks ago, I don't know if that's normal but it doesn't happen on my 2019 ranger.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,576 Posts
The sat radio is strange, are you losing signal or is the ACM dropping out?
Does this happen with regular FM radio?
It is possible that the dash cam is putting out enough RF/EMI to cause the problem, does it go away when the dash cam is unplugged?
The rear console 12v is a separate fuse, have you checked that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I've tested a few things since my post.

Both the FM radio and the satellite radio's signal drops out. The screen stays on(I assume the screen is the ACM, it acts the same as if I entered a tunnel and lost signal). It does not matter if the dash cam is plugged in, I removed the add a fuse and the problem persisted.

I checked all the power fuses for the rear of the armrest 12v nothing blown. I assume it's disconnected or the wire is broken but I haven't had time to investigate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A finnicky Audio Control Module (ACM) that can't ride through the voltage drop that will occur when the starter engages? This coupled with a battery that can't maintain system voltage during the same cycle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe, it just had an oil change by Ford 3 weeks ago and they said it was good. However I checked the voltage just now and it was 12.2. It was driven 50 miles today, so it hasn't been sitting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Maybe a bad starter that is driving the voltage low and causing the resets? When one of my vehicle starters went bad, it grounded the electrical system when you turned the key.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,576 Posts
The ACM is separate from the screen (controlled by the APIM).
Try unplugging the dash cam to see if EMF\RFI from the unit is causing the issue, the next possible item since FM radio is also affected would be a bad antenna base.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts