2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Titanium Liftgate will not open.

I've tried all the obvious solutions. The key fob, the button on the dashboard, opening it by pressing the latch button on the outside of the liftgate, etc. What is interesting is that when I press the button on the dashboard the dashboard pops up a Liftgate Ajar dialog and you hear a click in the liftgate itself as if it is trying to open. But it does not open... I've tried reseating the lift gate as well but there is no way it will budge at all.

Is there any way to open it from inside the cabin manually, such as a lever on the inside of the liftgate door itself?

Any ideas? TIA.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Check fuse F65 in the passenger compartment under glove box.

If that is ok you should see a small rectangular panel on the inside of the liftgate if you fold the back seats down. It is on the base of the door and in the middle.
If you pry this open you should be able to locate the release handle/lever there to open the liftgate. Possibly the whole outer mechanism needs some lubrication to operate properly. If that doesn't help perhaps some tightening or adjustment is necessary.
Just make sure you leave this inside lever in the original position later otherwise your liftgate may not lock down.
This link is for a Ford Edge but the lever is probably similar in operation. Scroll from 2.03 to watch to around 4.30.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts