2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2020 this week. I've tried the various drive modes out. I'd like it to default to eco mode but that seems impossible. Wondering if any one knows if its possible

Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure it can be done. My 2.0L always defaults to normal and I then switch to sport.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My understanding is that there are a bunch of things you can change by going into the car's control software with instruments like FOREScan. Look up changing the background on the screen of an F-150. It was a user option in older C-Max with Microsoft Sync. I'm hoping for the same sort of ability, and I liked my custom wallpaper.
HAve fun,
Frank

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Haven't heard of a way to do this, yet at least. My guess is it's set in software to default to Normal and may not be configurable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks both of you. I tried a basic easter egg hunt, like press and hold, etc. No joy. It seems like a no-brainer, at least for eco

·
Registered
60 Posts
Every review plus the owner manual indicates Normal mode is the default and it cannot be changed (ignoring the possible use of software, as mentioned earlier).

I sometimes forget to change to Eco mode when starting the engine, but simply press the mode button to change it as soon as I remember to do so. The change can be made on the fly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as I know, no one has found a setting that Forscan can change that modifies the default behavior. I haven't looked for it recently, but there was a guy who was selling a gizmo that remembered the change and worked on F-150's. It worked by remembering how many button pushes was required to get to your last setting and resent the pulses when your restarted. You have to splice it into the wire from the button.
I did a ride and drive on the Escapes at Ford WHQ back in January and was able to talk to a couple of the engineers who worked on the new model. I commented about this and said they should set it up so that your setting was remembered. Guy said it should only take a couple of lines of code to make it work...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Interestingly, I've lived right here in Dearborn for almost 30 years. Agreed that simply saving the last mode selection is fairly intuitive

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts