2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed Motor Trend and Car and Driver published tests on the 2.0 AWD Titanium but with very different 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Seeing the 3700 lb. vehicle has a 250 hp engine, I'm more inclined to believe the 14.3 @ 96 mph versus the 15.3 @ 89 mph. Has anyone used dragy or done any acceleration tests with their 2020 Titanium AWD?

I'd post links to the tests but I don't have enough of a post count. If you Google search "Ford Escape Test" the Car And Driver and Motor Trend tests will pop up.

Also, how wide is the entry into the rear cargo area? I've looked all around and the dimensions for the cargo don't always match up with what I see in real life (like a wheel hump being in the way).

I currently have a 2018 Explorer XLT AWD and my lease is coming up. While I like the size of the Explorer, I'm wondering if that rear cargo space is necessary. I was able to bring home a chest freezer from Costco without any problems but the Escape gets much better gas mileage. My next vehicle choices would be the 2020+ Escape 2.0 AWD or the 2020+ Explorer ST. The Escape is 1100 lb lighter than the ST, and if I tune the Escape's 2.0 engine I can match the weight:power ratio of the stock Explorer ST.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I find my 2020 Titanium AWD 2.0L quite peppy and have been pleasantly surprised with it's acceleration especially in sport mode. The 25 mpg is also acceptable with my spirited driving. Have not timed the 0-60 time and hard to compare to my other vehicle I drive. As for the rear cargo area, the opening varies from 40" to about 45" with no hump as you can see. Unfortunately my golf clubs will not stowaway without folding one of the rear seat backs forward.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those C7s are very nice!!
Thanks for sharing pics of your Escape! So the width between the wheel humps is about 40"?

I always put my golf bags at an angle because the driver is too long. I do this in the Cobalt, my Mustang, and my Fusion. I was able to fit a ClicGear cart with the clubs in my Mustang without folding down the rear seats.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can get my Caddytrek golf cart (I am 77) and cart golf bag in the rear with just the single rear seat back folded down. Also room for a umbrella, I do live in Washington State.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts