2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Egads that's ugly! Looks like a focus hatchback on steroids :cry: It looks shorter height-wise than the 2019 escape with a focus front end that's bloated up. The rear looks like hatchback/station wagon thing...

I also agree that the hatch area is ruined by not being flat anymore, again, very hatchback/station wagony of them...

Sorry, hard pass on this one...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Did I miss something, or is there no provision for a cargo shade?

I also agree that the hatch area is ruined by not being flat anymore, again, very hatchback/station wagony of them...
Frankly, I see that as a bonus.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Those with coolant level concerns with the gen-3 1.5L & 2.0L...note how low this one was filled.
[/QUOTE]
My 1.5L '18 rides consistently at about 1/4 in/6mm below the add mark, about where the '20's was.
Perhaps a cost savings measure. Can't recall whether it was Lee Iacocca or Bob Lutz when they were with Ford, but the decision was made to cut an inch off of all the tail pipes- saved over 2 million dollars. By specifying coolant fills at 6mm below add, how many barrels of coolant are saved company-wide versus filling to the full cold mark?

·
Registered
285 Posts
My 1.5L '18 rides consistently at about 1/4 in/6mm below the add mark, about where the '20's was.
Perhaps a cost savings measure. Can't recall whether it was Lee Iacocca or Bob Lutz when they were with Ford, but the decision was made to cut an inch off of all the tail pipes- saved over 2 million dollars. By specifying coolant fills at 6mm below add, how many barrels of coolant are saved company-wide versus filling to the full cold mark?
Don't want to derail the topic, but if that is the spec, then the design/marks on the bottle should be adjusted as well. That would save a lot of people a lot of headaches.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,364 Posts
Hi everyone, can we please keep the thread on topic. Which is the YouTube video of the 2020 Escape. Anyone is welcome to create a new thread in the applicable sub forum if they want to discuss anything else.

Thanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Did I miss something, or is there no provision for a cargo shade?

Frankly, I see that as a bonus.
The hatchback station wagon thing or the not flat area?

My whole thing is don't cal it an SUV CUV and present me with a bloated station wagon (although a CUV is really that). If you want to transition to a station wagon then make it one. Ford says it pulled out of the car mfg market in the U.S. so, instead of sticking to that, they make their current good looking small SUV into a something else. Remember the Ford Freestyle or the Taurus X? They are like shorter height wise Ford Explorers/mini vans turned giant station wagons ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The hatchback station wagon thing or the not flat area?
The not flat design (reread my initial post in this thread). Careful how you quote, too, as you mixed two different thoughts.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The not flat design (reread my initial post in this thread). Careful how you quote, too, as you mixed two different thoughts.
Honest question, what benefit does the not flat design provide you with? Aside from helping to keep things from sliding forward. (unless that is it?).

·
Registered
285 Posts
Honest question, what benefit does the not flat design provide you with? Aside from helping to keep things from sliding forward. (unless that is it?).
Lessens risk of damage to the tailgate should someone rear-end you (especially at low speeds). Frankly, I don't like the aesthetic of the flat back, which IMO, is made worse by the horizontal seam a couple inches from the bottom of the gen-3 tailgate.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Driving the PHEV variant around for a few days. MPG is great in hybrid mode, similar to slightly less than I get in my Fusion Hybrid (rolling around 48-49mpg now in summer), comfortable seats, knee room, can sit in a non-cramped position with car seats behind me, etc. I’d turn my 17 in right now if I could just for those few improvements.

Reactions: Vader101

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Ran a trip in Normal mode (usually use Eco) with the EV mode for battery charging forced on all the way. Got about 20% charge in over a 15 mile trip. MPG wasn't bad at all (I have an MPG friendly route) around maybe upper 20's to 30 probably. A/C was on the entire way, low speed. It'll be interesting to see what the official ratings for these are. I tend to exceed ratings by a fair margin.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts