2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem. I was on a reasonably long journey and all of a sudden I notice that my speedo was indicating that I was doing 130 km/ph, Having driven for 45 years, I know I wasn't. I stopped the vehicle, locked it and waited and restarted, but no, it was still inaccurate. I was in variable speed limits and it was quite disconcerting. Thankfully for some of the journey I was following other vehicles, and for example in 70 km/ph zones, the speedo was indicating approx 30 over the speed limit.
It seemed that from a standing start, it would move normally to 40, and then very rapidly up to 80, although I was probably only doing 50 ish
Also it seems that the speedometer takes a while to come to zero, at say a stop light

·
Registered
375 Posts
Get an app on your phone that will read km/ph, drive around and compare. If it is truly wrong, than go to a dealer. I assume it's all computer programed so I doubt there's much you can do on your own.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,576 Posts
Is this just the needle or using the digital speedo also?
Granted both are logic driven, but if they differ it would point to an issue in the cluster firmware.
If they are the same then I would be looking at the vehicle speed sensors, either way its a dealer trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts