2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious has anyone besides my wife and me actually done a preorder of the 2020 ESCAPE PHEV? I am wondering just how long it will be before I hear that my ESCAPE is heading to the Assembly Line? We ordered a PHEV Titanium. We still love our 2010 ESCAPE Hybrid. Looking forward to charging our 2020 PHEV from our Home Solar system. The Color we ordered GREEN, of course.

Gary,
Stanley IDAHO
FORD's are my thing
1934 FORD Tudor
1966 FORD F100 Custom Pickup
2010 FORD ESCAPE Hybrid
2012 FORD F350 4x4 6.7L Diesel Supercap Pickup
some time soon
2020 FORD Escape PHEV

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dprime...I need AWD as well...Taking a gamble here as I've never had a Front only Drive vehicle here in Snowy Central Idaho...more specifically Stanley IDAHO...we'll see if it is a mistake to get FWD.....I just really wanted the PHEV so...

GARY

·
Registered
143 Posts
In the FWIW department, we get 1/3 more snow than Stanley, and I never got stuck with RWD and snow tires in 40 years. I then moved to FWD and snows in a C-Max with the same result. This is my first AWD, and I'm starting out without snow tires... cautiously.

Get snow tires and you'll have no issues with FWD. Worst I ever saw from the C-Max was a little torque-steer in slush.

HAve fun,
Frank

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am in Toronto. My second last car was FWD and it would get stuck on hills or with alot of snow. My last car was AWD Fusion, was a tank in the snow, but was bad on gas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the comments on FWD vs AWD. We have had two Explorers 4WD and then downsized to now having had two AWD Escapes. On the Explorers, I always had Winter tread tires and separate wheels for winter...with excellent results. Both of our Escapes have only had all-season tires and have done very well on Mtn. Passes and drifting snow-covered roads with plenty of Icy conditions. I definitely look forward to buying excellent winter tread tires for the 2020 Escape PHEV FWD.....It will be a real learning experience for us and I hope it goes well as we have some pretty intense winter conditions here.

Fordaholic
GARY

·
Super Moderator
6,001 Posts
I wanted to remind everyone that this thread is not about AWD vs FWD. If anyone wants to discuss this further, they are welcome to create a new thread. We have lots of thread for the 2013-2019 MY’s. But we don’t have any for the 2020+ MY’s.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If it's about the upcoming Escape PHEV, then it's also about FWD being one of the tradeoffs one makes to get the plug-in. AWD in the HEV is done very nicely. I never considered the plug-in for other reasons, and I'm glad I got AWD.
Frank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bumping this because I'm curious. I'm close to buying a Titanium FWD Hybrid, but am wondering if it's worth waiting for the plug in. Lots of good deals right now, and don't want to miss out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
just saw this Review: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-ford-escape-plug-in-hybrid-mpge-fuel-economy/

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello! I finally was able to place my order yesterday for an Escape PHEV. I had to go through 3 different Ford dealerships to get it done. My new dealer said my car is scheduled to be built mid-Sept. I am SOOOOO excited!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I finally was able to place my order yesterday for an Escape PHEV. I had to go through 3 different Ford dealerships to get it done. My new dealer said my car is scheduled to be built mid-Sept. I am SOOOOO excited!!!!
I am interested in an Escape PHEV. Why so difficult to order? I've looked around and they are not to be found at dealers.
I am looking for an Escape PHEV. Why so difficult to order?

·
Registered
12 Posts
From what dealer number 3 said....they started production late due to Covid (June 8), and right now, building to order or shipping to West Coast because they have stricter emissions laws.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered mine in May and received a build date and VIN in June. Was told it would be built Aug 31 and received late Sep/early Oct.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My order was place one month ago and the dealer told me I should get the car by Mid August. I check with him today and we still do not have the Vin number

·
Registered
12 Posts
My order was place one month ago and the dealer told me I should get the car by Mid August. I check with him today and we still do not have the Vin number
My dealer mentioned that we should get a VIN number within 2 weeks of the build date. They are really hammering the plant right now to make up for lost time. And we know that Ford has been quite busy lately with vehicle launches. Go FORD!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts