2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ford missed opportunity to make it a fast PHEV and lack of awd. There really no advantage over hybrid if you want to save money at the pump.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ford missed opportunity to make it a fast PHEV and lack of awd. There really no advantage over hybrid if you want to save money at the pump.
The tax credit is much higher with plug-ins vs regular hybrids.

·
Registered
2005 XLT V-6 198,000 miles; 2020 Titanium Phev on order
34 Posts
John,
The article is a bit confusing. It says production will start in January, but also says they expect to start shipping them "soon" to dealers. Are they saying that the 2021s will start production in January and that 2020s will start shipping "soon"? SIGH

·
Registered
117 Posts
The tax credit is much higher with plug-ins vs regular hybrids.
It's not always just about credits. Lack of AWD and being dog slow at almost 9 second to 0-60 is not worth it over regular hybrid. They should have done what Rav4 Prime at slightly higher price point.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's not always just about credits. Lack of AWD and being dog slow at almost 9 second to 0-60 is not worth it over regular hybrid. They should have done what Rav4 Prime at slightly higher price point.
I agree, they should’ve made it more competitive to the RAV4 Prime.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I just check with my dealer and they did not produce my PHEV last 2 weeks ago and they told me that All Production of PHEV will Start beginning of NOV 2020. I'm really thinking of changing model now !!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Something to keep in mind may be a Lincoln Corsair PHEV. Not the same price point, I get that (though I can't find price on the Lincoln site nor via X-Plan pricing site). Lincoln is saying they will go into production in early November 2020 and for those of us wanting AWD, this model is only AWD. Chris

·
Registered
117 Posts
Something to keep in mind may be a Lincoln Corsair PHEV. Not the same price point, I get that (though I can't find price on the Lincoln site nor via X-Plan pricing site). Lincoln is saying they will go into production in early November 2020 and for those of us wanting AWD, this model is only AWD. Chris
Still not quite up to Rav4 Prime levels in range and quickness.

Ford's formula is quite the opposite to Toyota with their Escape offering. Gas economy aside this is how they stack up in terms of fun factor and value:

Rav4 PHEV > Rav4 hybrid > Rav4 gas

Escape gas > Escape hybrid > Escape PHEV

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have my vin number but now there is no production date it says TBO. No date and the dealership told me not before Jan 2021 and it should still be an 2020 model

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have my vin number but now there is no production date it says TBO. No date and the dealership told me not before Jan 2021 and it should still be an 2020 model
I have had a VIN since July and they have given me 4 different build dates. Today the dealer said they were not going into production until January 2021. He also said it would be a 2020 model. I saw another post here that said production was delayed until January, but that post said they would be 2021 models, not 2020. Still a lot of confusion and bad info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Dealer says VIN# are no good now, you have to reorder when they let you.

Paul
Interesting. My dealer indicated that my order was still "in and valid" for when they resume production. Ford and their dealerships need to get their act together.

·
Registered
2016 Ford CMax Energi
38 Posts
My Dealer says VIN# are no good now, you have to reorder when they let you.

Paul
I forwarded that Ford Authority article to my dealer. He said that he reconfirmed that my build was still schedule for the week of November 9 which aligns with what Danmar said about November production start. I just hope it will be a 2021 MY as you indicated above. I will forward your screenshot about the PHEV production shifting to MY 2021 to him and I will let the group know what he says. I think that makes sense as the regular Escapes are entering the 2021 MY. I don't think there are will be many changes for 2021 MY from what I have heard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you checked this site? It only works on Firefox but it seems to have real time results for orders. I do not trust my dealer anymore 🤣

I would love to know if anybody has any status other than "In order processing".

Site:
https://www.alumizilla.com/vot.php

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ford order site for the car I ordered: Vehicle Details
Ordered On 7/13/2020
Order Number 0712
VIN 1FMCU0LZ4LUC10797
Estimated Dealer Delivery 1/1/2000

That means....it's Y2K's fault!!!!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Looks like you will have to find a time machine in order to pick up your new Escape...:cry:

Reactions: cavalierrs

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just checking VIN# digit 10 is model year which is L for 2020, not sure what 2021 would be. It wouldn't be L.

Paul

·
Registered
134 Posts
201 - 220 of 254 Posts