221 - 240 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape PHEV (soon), 2017 Ford Fusion Energi
14 Posts
Per Auto123 it looks like they will be starting the PHEV with 2021 model. Same article as read elsewhere but it has been updated and if you scroll down to the Note, it gives new details. No 2020 PHEVs it sounds like to me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Per Auto123 it looks like they will be starting the PHEV with 2021 model. Same article as read elsewhere but it has been updated and if you scroll down to the Note, it gives new details. No 2020 PHEVs it sounds like to me.

I see there is someone in CA that has a 2021 Escape Titanium Hybrid on Fuelly.com since 9/22. My Dealer says that he has 2021 Escapes coming and will check to see when he can order 2021 FEHP for me.

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there! New to the forum. We put down a deposit last week on a Velocity Blue Titanium PHEV. The dealer told us to expect it in three months, so I assumed production was already going well, and ours would be added to the queue. But reading through this thread, it seems they haven't actually produced any yet, and have now pushed production start to January. Does that mean I won't get mine until several months into the new year (while they build everyone who ordered before me?)

BTW: A bit of background. We had a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica PHEV which we absolutely loved. Did 50,000km on it, more than half of which was battery only, because round town we'd never need the gas. But we wrecked it last month, and the insurance declared it a total loss. I would have replaced it with another, but my wife doesn't like driving such a big vehicle. So we shopped around the last few weeks. Ruled out the Subaru Crosstrek PHEV because it won't be available in Canada for another year (and the battery range is very low). Ruled out the Toyota RAV4 PHEV because it's not available in Ontario for another six months, and is expensive! Settled on the Escape (loved the test drive in a gas titanium model!) and got a deal last week that's a full $15K less than the RAV4.

But we'll be living car-less until it comes. What's the consensus on how long that will be?

·
Registered
125 Posts
It doesn't look like we will see any until next year, but not sure when until we get VIN# and production date.

Paul

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I spoke with my dealer the other day and....he said they should build my car mid- January, and he hopes to have it at the dealership by late Feb. I couldn't wait any longer. Another local Ford dealer had a sweet deal on Escape Hybrids with AWD and I wound up going with that one. I couldn't pass it up with it being $6 off MSRP, plus other incentives. Next car, will be a PHEV or full EV.
(I did test drive a Pacifica PHEV, it was really nice, but was out of my price range)

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
The delay will actually be a blessing in disguise for us. My wife is getting laid off in a few weeks, and I have a Mach-e on order, so we'll just buy out the lease and hope she finds another job by February.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I spoke with my dealer the other day and....he said they should build my car mid- January, and he hopes to have it at the dealership by late Feb. I couldn't wait any longer. Another local Ford dealer had a sweet deal on Escape Hybrids with AWD and I wound up going with that one. I couldn't pass it up with it being $6 off MSRP, plus other incentives. Next car, will be a PHEV or full EV.
(I did test drive a Pacifica PHEV, it was really nice, but was out of my price range)
Well you are doing like me, Yesterday I did some looking around to see what they have in stock in the yards and Today I 'm calling the dealer to see what he can do for me. I did not want to buy winter tire for my Fussion. and Also did not know when WOULD THE REAL DATE OF THE PRODUCTION.

·
Registered
2016 Ford CMax Energi
38 Posts
The delay will actually be a blessing in disguise for us. My wife is getting laid off in a few weeks, and I have a Mach-e on order, so we'll just buy out the lease and hope she finds another job by February.
We also have a Mustang Mach-E First edition on order, production due to start October 26 from what Ford tells me. I hope that vehicle will not be plagued with similar battery issues.

·
Registered
74 Posts
We also have a Mustang Mach-E First edition on order, production due to start October 26 from what Ford tells me. I hope that vehicle will not be plagued with similar battery issues.
Nice! Are you over on the macheforum? I go by cjljr41 over there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got this Schedule of manufacturing from my Dealer from FORD. Says week 45/Nov. 2 for for cleanup of 2020 Ford Escape.
Cleanup doesn't mean end of manufacturing, just that's when the last batch of the production run gets scheduled dates. Build out usually happens anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks later. (I used to work in a Ford assembly plant, went through the process a few times.)

Reactions: ctb

·
Registered
16 Posts

This seems quite relevant to our issues in North America. I am guessing the design is the same across all regional variants, so it probably doesn't matter where the battery itself is produced, as some have speculated along the way here. It seems likely it's the interaction of the battery venting system with the fuel tank, though the Ford executive doesn't say that outright.

At least it seems likely they will have implemented a fundamental design fix before starting production on the now-2021 PHEV in the US. I'd certainly prefer a proper 2021 at this point given that it seems like they did build some 2020s which will presumably have to be retrofitted with a fix. (While very few were actually shipped, one person on Reddit says he was literally signing papers for a PHEV he had just test-driven before the sales manager was told Ford had not released these vehicles for sale.)

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
11 Posts
Curious has anyone besides my wife and me actually done a preorder of the 2020 ESCAPE PHEV? I am wondering just how long it will be before I hear that my ESCAPE is heading to the Assembly Line? We ordered a PHEV Titanium. We still love our 2010 ESCAPE Hybrid. Looking forward to charging our 2020 PHEV from our Home Solar system. The Color we ordered GREEN, of course.

Gary,
Stanley IDAHO
FORD's are my thing
1934 FORD Tudor
1966 FORD F100 Custom Pickup
2010 FORD ESCAPE Hybrid
2012 FORD F350 4x4 6.7L Diesel Supercap Pickup
some time soon
2020 FORD Escape PHEV
Gary, Don't know what to tell you about your dealer I'm not impressed.. I ordered mine in late Aug. Had my confirmation order from FORD within a week. The next week had a VIN assigned to my car. BTW yes mine is the same car 2020 PHEV Titanium. Got a production date of 9/17. Next I follow-up to get a deliver date only to find out the order had been pushed back two weeks to first week in OCT. The next time I did a follow-up they told me it was delayed a month to Nov. Last week I get this attachment from the dealer. Not good news, but don't understand why you are in the dark?? I have been informed every step of the way. Also BTW all 2020 PHEV that FORD did build were shipped to California. If you check the inventory you will find them at some of the dealers out there.

Attachments

221 - 240 of 254 Posts