2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last week I get this attachment from the dealer. Not good news...
Interesting, but it doesn't say what they are doing with existing orders with deposits. Will they be cancelling them all? Or substituting for a MY2021? I'd wait, if they honour the price. I'll talk to my dealer tomorrow to find out...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I placed my order for a 2020 in early September. My sales consultant says it’s still valid and will apply to a 2021, though there’s no ETA on actual production or delivery date. (I never got a VIN.)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Any deposit you made was to the Dealer, not FORD and you really don't have a confirmed order without a VIN#.

Paul

·
Registered
2016 Ford CMax Energi
38 Posts
Any deposit you made was to the Dealer, not FORD and you really don't have a confirmed order without a VIN#.

Paul
Found another article about why they delayed the PHEV until. They must have had a design flaw that caused the risk of fires. Hopefully the 2021 will have this all resolved.

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
11 Posts
I am interested in an Escape PHEV. Why so difficult to order? I've looked around and they are not to be found at dealers.

I am looking for an Escape PHEV. Why so difficult to order?
Two things of note, First all the PHEV that FORD did build of the 2020 Escapes went to California and the west coast, (they stopped production of PHEV at the end of Oct). Why you ask? Well because they are progressive and have state cash rebates for PHEV. Enough said, FORD is not that asleep, they do know how to sell cars. You can search the inventory of dealers out in the LA area and you will see PHEV on their lot. Only a few but they do have then, it was a few weeks ago that I looked after I was told my order was canceled. As for dealers taking orders, Well some dealers are not progressive, I could have used a more Trump like nasty word other than progressive but I'm trying to keep this informative. I have a dealer that is and I go through their Fleet Department and they took my order. Within a week they emailed me the confirmation, BTW no down payment required. The following week I got a screen shot showing the VIN and production date. But then two weeks out it started to slip and then slipped again and then canceled. The dealer sent me updates every week. I recommend you go through a shopping service referral from places like Costco, Sam's Club or I used Navy Fed. CU. They all have done the hard work to find deals that want your business and have strong reputations to defend.

·
Registered
2016 Ford CMax Energi
38 Posts
Two things of note, First all the PHEV that FORD did build of the 2020 Escapes went to California and the west coast, (they stopped production of PHEV at the end of Oct). Why you ask? Well because they are progressive and have state cash rebates for PHEV. Enough said, FORD is not that asleep, they do know how to sell cars. You can search the inventory of dealers out in the LA area and you will see PHEV on their lot. Only a few but they do have then, it was a few weeks ago that I looked after I was told my order was canceled. As for dealers taking orders, Well some dealers are not progressive, I could have used a more Trump like nasty word other than progressive but I'm trying to keep this informative. I have a dealer that is and I go through their Fleet Department and they took my order. Within a week they emailed me the confirmation, BTW no down payment required. The following week I got a screen shot showing the VIN and production date. But then two weeks out it started to slip and then slipped again and then canceled. The dealer sent me updates every week. I recommend you go through a shopping service referral from places like Costco, Sam's Club or I used Navy Fed. CU. They all have done the hard work to find deals that want your business and have strong reputations to defend.
It's not only Ford PHEV's that are having battery fire issues: BMW recalls most 2020 plug-in hybrid models for fire risk, Minis too
"BMW is recalling a majority of the plug-in hybrid models it built in 2020 because their battery pack poses a fire risk. That's 4,509 vehicles covered by the campaign in the United States, including some made by Mini."

I have a 2016 CMax PHEV and have never had any issues. It is air cooled not liquid cooled as these newer PHEV's are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That makes sense. BMW was using the same Samsung batteries.
Our Chrysler Pacifica PHEV had batteries made by LG. Never any problem with fires, although we did have a couple of safety recalls for other minor components related to the electrical system. And the first year roll out of these models in 2016 also involved lots of delays, as they worked out a number of quality issues in the electrical drive train. PHEVs are a learning experience for each company, so not surprising there are production delays.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a recall out right now over a fire problem. And they don't have the fix for it yet. I have one and it has been a few months since the recall was issued. Dealer still waiting for FCA to issue parts and install instructions. Yes your right they had production delays that resulted in many headaches and customer upset too. PHEV may be the future but auto makers are struggling to keep up with design and production demand from customers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Recommend you look for a new dealer. All PEHV productions have stopped and moved to 2021. Here is the notice directly from FORD. See attachment, I got this from my dealer. Again I recommend you look for a new dealer. Read other posts I have made about how to find a dealer that wants your business and works to keep you in the loop.

Attachments

241 - 254 of 254 Posts