2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

261 - 280 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
2020 SE Sport Hybrid, Metallic Blue
41 Posts
Paul,

Let me know if ordering is open. I imagine they will simply swap out batteries in the ones already sold. That WILL be expensive.

Art

·
Registered
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD
25 Posts
I just ordered my 2021 Escape PHEV (U0L /99Z/445, 650A, H7, SANDSTONE), after my 2020 order was cancelled by the factory over battery supply problems. I will let you know when I get the VIN #. I have the 2021 Escape PHEV MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGE guide if any wants to see it. My outstanding Fleet Dealer sent it to me Friday.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm interested in how they fix the effected HVB's, that's got to be expensive. My Sales Manager is looking to see if we can order one now.

Paul
Paul,

Samsung suppled the batteries. I would think they are responsible for the cost of replacement batteries no Ford. Yes Ford as a good will issue and reputation problem but if they can clearly identify the fact that Samsung batteries are the problem then it is not a failure of Ford.

·
Registered
2016 Ford CMax Energi
40 Posts
I just ordered my 2021 Escape PHEV (U0L /99Z/445, 650A, H7, SANDSTONE), after my 2020 order was cancelled by the factory over battery supply problems. I will let you know when I get the VIN #. I have the 2021 Escape PHEV MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGE guide if any wants to see it. My outstanding Fleet Dealer sent it to me Friday.
Would like to see the major changes if you can share it or just summarize in a message.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As a Titanium buyer, I'm not at all happy about losing the acoustic laminated glass; that's really the only change that matters to me (other than color changes—I was really looking forward to Dark Persian Green!).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any chance you can find data on how much noise reduction you get from 2020 acoustic laminated glass? Yes I saw that and I have it on my 2017, I think it is a cost saving measure. There is an article about price cut in 2021 and I think that is one of the areas that they cutting back. Did you also see they dropped leather seating from Titanium. Price point will become a selling point as the Rave 4 PHEV hits the market soon also.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't know how much of noise reduction you get from acoustic glass but I certainly noticed how much quieter the cabin in my Titanium vs Rav4 hybrid I owned previously which doesn't have it (Except Prime). Noise isolation is actually very close to my 2020 Highlander Limited which also has acoustic glass and laminated side window.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone managed to order a 2021 Escape PHEV yet? My dealer (in Toronto, Canada) says they still don't have detailed pricing, so can't place an order yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
No, they are not open for orders yet. I bought a 2020 SE Sport Hybrid as a "stopgap" vehicle.

Reactions: ptjones

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone managed to order a 2021 Escape PHEV yet? My dealer (in Toronto, Canada) says they still don't have detailed pricing, so can't place an order yet.
I don't think FORD has approved the start up for production of PHEV yet. But the order guide is out (as I commented in an earlier post) and I'm working with my Fleet dealer and have ordered my 2021 Escape PHEV. This order is a replacement order to the one that I had in the system back in the fall and was canceled by FORD when they stopped production over battery issue identified in Europe. I have attached the screen shot of the order page from my dealer that clearly shows my order # and the first one with VIN # assigned before it was canceled and my replacement order. I'm told this will put my order at the top of the start up que when they restart production. You may have to view and expand the picture spartanly. Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn't mean much until they assign a VIN#, I think I'm tired of wanting and going to look for a 2020 FEH Titanium w/block heater. It bothers me that it only has a 11.2 gallon tank compared to Hybrid 14.2 gallons. CMAX Plugin has 14.1 gallon tank.

Paul

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn't mean much until they assign a VIN#, I think I'm tired of wanting and going to look for a 2020 FEH Titanium w/block heater. It bothers me that it only has a 11.2 gallon tank compared to Hybrid 14.2 gallons. CMAX Plugin has 14.1 gallon tank.

Paul
Yes understand and concur without the VIN# my order is only a place holder at this point. Your right about the smaller gas tank, I read that it is because of the larger battery pack and recharging cooling equipment installed in the PHEV compared to the one in the plain Hybrid they have no more room for the 14.1 gal. tank. Still the PHEV is rated at about 450 to 500 per tank full.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Paul,
As I said above, I got tired of waiting, too and bought an SE Sport hev with a bunch of options. Not quite the Titanium, but "close" and a couple of thousand cheaper. Have 500 miles on it and so far, so good...just one small rattle in the rear area which dealer SHOULD be able to fix. About ready for my first fill-up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just ordered a 2021 FEHP today at Dealership, FORD Computer accepted my order and don't know when it will be built except in the first half of next year. SM said FORD was offering a $500 rebate for those of us that had their orders cancelled. Any other rebates will depend on when the car is built. I will get X Plan for being a FORD Mustang Club Member. I don't know how long I can put off getting an Escape, still may get Hybrid.

Paul

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape PHEV (soon), 2017 Ford Fusion Energi
15 Posts
I am in Canada too and the same as you, not able to order yet. I don't know the pricing details, but they did a confirm $1,000 off and a free car charger (valued at another $1,000). I had originally ordered the 2020 in July I believe.

I have been on another Ford forum that posts the vehicle order guides, and what worries me is they do not appear to have released a 2021 Escape PHEV order guide for Canada yet. They have the PHEV for the US and they have the regular Escape for Canada. It seems odd. I hope we are getting them!

As others have mentioned I am also upset they are removing the sound insulating windshield from the Titanium. I have a Fusion PHEV currently (not titanium) and I find the engine sounds loud to me. I don't know if that is because I am so used to having it off, that when it kicks on I notice it more. Regardless, I am sad to see that feature go!

261 - 280 of 282 Posts