2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

121 - 140 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered my Titanium PHEV on 7/11. I have a VIN #. As I read through this blog, I realized that no one East of the Mississippi seems to have received the car? Are they only shipping to CA? Anyone have the Skinny?
I don’t believe there is any real evidence that there have been any PHEVs shipped to CA or anywhere else yet (dealers saying on the phone that they have them does not count as reliable evidence in my view). ptjones’s info in post #120 is the latest bit of information, but there have been several such updates over the past few weeks so who knows when production will really begin.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don’t believe there is any real evidence that there have been any PHEVs shipped to CA or anywhere else yet (dealers saying on the phone that they have them does not count as reliable evidence in my view). ptjones’s info in post #120 is the latest bit of information, but there have been several such updates over the past few weeks so who knows when production will really begin.
I believe your are right after calling three FORD Dealers in SoCal that FORD Site they have several "just arrived" and non of them have them on the lot.:( It is hard to find Salesman that are honest or informed.

Paul

·
Registered
272 Posts
My experience with "Just Arrived" when I was looking for my wife's new Escape was that the vehicle had rolled off the line and was cleared to be shipped.
That has nothing to do with when it would actually be shipped, my dealer is 90 miles from Louisville and it takes 2-3 weeks for a "Just Arrived" to get to their lot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My experience with "Just Arrived" when I was looking for my wife's new Escape was that the vehicle had rolled off the line and was cleared to be shipped.
That has nothing to do with when it would actually be shipped, my dealer is 90 miles from Louisville and it takes 2-3 weeks for a "Just Arrived" to get to their lot.
Thank you for that insight. That's good to know!

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape PHEV (soon), 2017 Ford Fusion Energi
13 Posts
I checked out the window stickers of those 'just arrived' cars in California and they all have August 28th as a date, so if its usually two weeks, they could arrive this week. I was happy to find 4 cars listed in Canada too. There are probably more but I saw 1 in BC and 3 in Quebec. Nothing near me in Ontario though :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just talked to my Dealer and production has been pushed back to week of Sept. 17.:( He said that he has a friend at the Escape Plant in Louisville, KY that might be able to find out what's going on. Seems like a never ending story.

Paul
Let us know what you hear from your dealer's friend at the Louisville Plant. I am going to check with my dealer again (Brownsburg IN).

·
Registered
272 Posts
My bet is that there will be a 2021 PHEV, not a 2020.
This late in the year they would normally already have started producing the next model year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This late in the year they would normally already have started producing the next model year.
The VIN that I have, as long as it's accurate, the 10th digit shows that it will be a "2020" model.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I read on another forum (from a member whose information is always reliable) that the 2020 MY will run right up to the holiday break, with 2021s starting the first week of January. Very unusual.

Reactions: cavalierrs

·
Registered
29 Posts
There are 4 more PHEV in the Montreal area ariving next week but no Titanium version yet!!!!!! sniff sniff
It's good news that they are delivering PHEVs to Canada and not just California! We haven't seen any hear in my area (Indianapolis).

I wonder why Titanium PHEVs are delayed? Could it be a component or components that are limiting these. Or maybe they do runs by model: SE, SEL, Titanium. Based on what I see in inventory around here they make many more of the SE and SEL and much less Titanium models. I order a loaded Titanium with opening moon roof plus an actual spare tire. My 2016 CMax Energi just has a can of compressed gas and sealant for flat tire repair. I have never very comfortable with that approach to flat tires. Fortunately have never had to use it.

Which of our group are waiting for Titanium PHEV models?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's good news that they are delivering PHEVs to Canada and not just California! We haven't seen any hear in my area (Indianapolis).

I wonder why Titanium PHEVs are delayed? Could it be a component or components that are limiting these. Or maybe they do runs by model: SE, SEL, Titanium. Based on what I see in inventory around here they make many more of the SE and SEL and much less Titanium models. I order a loaded Titanium with opening moon roof plus an actual spare tire. My 2016 CMax Energi just has a can of compressed gas and sealant for flat tire repair. I have never very comfortable with that approach to flat tires. Fortunately have never had to use it.

Which of our group are waiting for Titanium PHEV models?
[/QUOT I'm waiting for the same thing as you FULL FULL loaded color Volocity Blue and order it on June 16th. I still do not have my VIN number yet !!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered that exact same day too!

I just heard from the salesperson at the dealer I ordered through. I asked if my order might be stuck in the model year change over. Here's what he said: "That's a possibility but I think yours is a 2020 so it should be built before the 2021s." I did order a 2020. They are not taking orders yet for 2021.

Also he said they still did not have a VIN for my vehicle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered a Titanium PHEV on 5/9, received a VIN on 6/2, but still no info when I enter the VIN on Ford's Vehicle Order Tracking website.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I ordered a Titanium in Metallic Blue. I wonder if the Titanium models, and any of the other models that have the digital dash are what the hold up is. Just guessing here. Or maybe they plan on building all of those with the digital dash at once.

·
Registered
19 Posts
you wiill have an order number with the dealer number!!!! In Canada it is a letter with 3 numbers and afther that you have the dealer number

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape PHEV (soon), 2017 Ford Fusion Energi
13 Posts
I have no numbers, I guess I should reach out to my sales guy soon to see.

121 - 140 of 199 Posts