2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape PHEV (soon), 2017 Ford Fusion Energi
13 Posts
I ordered a titanium with sunroof as well. It was a tough decision but I went with star white. My fusion was white too! I did hear when I was ordering that the titaniums would be built last. You would think they would want to build the most expensive model first. I just hope I don't have to wait until December and then it is so close that I regret not getting a 2021. I saw a youtube video that it will drive itself out of a parking spot, no idea if that is for real though, or if I would ever need it :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ordered a titanium with sunroof as well. It was a tough decision but I went with star white. My fusion was white too! I did hear when I was ordering that the titaniums would be built last. You would think they would want to build the most expensive model first. I just hope I don't have to wait until December and then it is so close that I regret not getting a 2021. I saw a youtube video that it will drive itself out of a parking spot, no idea if that is for real though, or if I would ever need it :)
When the Hybrids came out the Titanium's were some of the first one's on the lot. In theory mine is suppose to be built Sept. 17.

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
I spoke to my dealer and apparently they aren't taking any new orders. The models that have already been made are sitting at the factory due to an issue with the plug-in charger and per Ford corporate the earliest they will arrive at dealers is November.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I spoke to my dealer and apparently they aren't taking any new orders. The models that have already been made are sitting at the factory due to an issue with the plug-in charger and per Ford corporate the earliest they will arrive at dealers is November.
Oh no! That's not good new at all

·
Registered
2005 XLT V-6 198,000 miles; 2020 Titanium Phev on order
26 Posts
I thought the charger issue was for the European models (Kunga) only. Their batteries/chargers are made in Spain, the US version are made in the US. Would love to see some definitive info on this.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I thought the charger issue was for the European models (Kunga) only. Their batteries/chargers are made in Spain, the US version are made in the US. Would love to see some definitive info on this.
My Sales Mgr hasn't heard from his friend at Escape plant so he said he would call him tomorrow at home and get back to me.

Paul

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks, Paul. You are a great resource here with your connections. :cool:

Art

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape PHEV (soon), 2017 Ford Fusion Energi
13 Posts
I just found this in another ford forum, a guy said his was built Aug 3rd and he is waiting for delivery, supports the waiting to ship theory someone mentioned above.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There have been some delivered to CA.I just did a search and found there are quite a few available around LA including Titanium models.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There have been some delivered to CA.I just did a search and found there are quite a few available around LA including Titanium models.

I'm sorry to say that if you dig deeper you find that the status of all of these are "Dealer Ordered," not "In Stock." At least that's the case for dealers who show the status on their online inventory—most do, but some do not, understandably since it's not in their interest for you to know that they don't actually have the vehicle yet.

There has been one post on this forum from one person who said that a dealer in Minneapolis had pictures of a PHEV on the lot. But that person has not followed up with any more details, and none of my inventory searches show any PHEVs at all (with whatever status) in MN yet. I've been looking very carefully and I am quite confident not a single PHEV is sitting on a dealer's lot anywhere in the US.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm sorry to say that if you dig deeper you find that the status of all of these are "Dealer Ordered," not "In Stock." At least that's the case for dealers who show the status on their online inventory—most do, but some do not, understandably since it's not in their interest for you to know that they don't actually have the vehicle yet.

There has been one post on this forum from one person who said that a dealer in Minneapolis had pictures of a PHEV on the lot. But that person has not followed up with any more details, and none of my inventory searches show any PHEVs at all (with whatever status) in MN yet. I've been looking very carefully and I am quite confident not a single PHEV is sitting on a dealer's lot anywhere in the US.
Thanks!

I asked my dealer yesterday and he said they were not aware any Escape PHEV's being delivered in our area (Indianapolis). Is there a website where you get your inventories from?

There must be a problem, maybe the risk of charging fires like experienced with the Kuga PHEV's in Europe.

I am going to call my dealer next week and explore if they will switch my deposit to a 2021 model to be ordered when orders for 2021 Escape PHEV's opens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there a website where you get your inventories from?
I click through to individual dealer sites and search new inventory. I think this is the only really reliable way to see what individual dealers are offering—though even here you have to look for the “in stock” status and some dealers conceal this. The gold standard for dealer inventory, of course, is photos taken on the dealer lot (not at the shipping depot, which they often show—though no PHEVs even have been shown there yet).

Edmunds, cars.com, and cargurus.com each show quite different pictures of inventory nationally. A fair number of the cars they show actually do not appear on the dealer sites at all. Ford.com‘s corporate site seems to use the same data as the individual dealers’ (putting it another way, I think most Ford dealers serve their web inventories from a shared national back end), but it is pretty wonky when you try to search different zip codes and it won’t show national inventory (maxes out at 100 miles radius of a given zip code).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I heard back from my dealer today. No surprise: " I just looked at the production date and they moved it to 10/01/20. I hope that this is the last time they change it. Sorry that they keep pushing things back. "

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Order number question. My order number is 0712 . Did anyone else get an order number?

Sorry this took so long, but I just missed it. I have order number 680M. Mine is supposed to be built this week, but I will check with the dealer tomorrow to verify that.

Reactions: cavalierrs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great! You got your VIN today AND a production date of this week? WOW. I have had a VIN for over a month and my production date is supposed to be this week. I am checking on that now.

141 - 160 of 199 Posts