·
Registered
2005 XLT V-6 198,000 miles; 2020 Titanium Phev on order
27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I just spoke to my dealer in Montreal who was able to provide the VIN for my Titanium phev. It was ordered on July 22 by the dealership and has a production date of Sep 23.

He also said up to 10 weeks for delivery and that everything was on schedule.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,

I just spoke to my dealer in Montreal who was able to provide the VIN for my Titanium phev. It was ordered on July 22 by the dealership and has a production date of Sep 23.

He also said up to 10 weeks for delivery and that everything was on schedule.
Charles Who is your Dealer? Mine is chartrand in Laval

·
Registered
110 Posts
I theory my FEHP is suppose to be built tomorrow, but at this point I'am not feeling to optimistic because my FORD Sale Mgr left a message with his friend at the Escape Plant, hasn't heard back and same goes for the FORD Sale Rep.🙁 I will start checking the FORD production site starting tomorrow and see if anything shows up.

Paul

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well I heard from my Sales Mgr tonight and he got a text from his friend that has worked for FORD for 30 years and works at the Escape Plant. He said "They are building some Pre production units now. Nobody can give a date when they will go into production and be shipped to Dealers. I don't know if they even sell the PP units or if they drive them to see if there are any problems with them."

So my take is that the earliest we will see our FEHP is still a month out. If I hear anything new I will pass it on to you. :(

Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well I heard from my Sales Mgr tonight and he got a text from his friend that has worked for FORD for 30 years and works at the Escape Plant. He said "They are building some Pre production units now. Nobody can give a date when they will go into production and be shipped to Dealers. I don't know if they even sell the PP units or if they drive them to see if there are any problems with them."

So my take is that the earliest we will see our FEHP is still a month out. If I hear anything new I will pass it on to you. :(

Paul
Thanks for the update. Mine was scheduled for this last (September 14) week, but I was given a "new date" of the week of October 5th. I wonder why they are having so many delays. I am beginning to contemplate cancelling my order and waiting for the 2021 models to come out in January.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Interesting info on this Reddit page:

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/iod23c

Here is the relevant info:

Posted byu/g00bd0g

13 days ago

Ford escape phev actually available?

Question: I was actually signing the paperwork on a new ford escape phev when the manager came out and said ford had not yet released the vehicle for sale. Anyone have any further details?

HypeResistant: I wonder if this has something to do with the recent reports of fires. May be they want to fix the issue first before selling.

g00bd0g: Yes, finally one of the ford reps confirmed this is due to the battery fire recall. Really annoying that there is a major lack of openness and transparency.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Interesting that the recall was for Kuga built before June 26, does that mean that Kuga plugin built after that is OK? Or they stopped building them. I think they figured out the problem so it isn't a problem for our FEHP and the Pre Production units are to make sure there are no New Problems with Suppliers and Production here. Don't want a repeat of KUGA here.

Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also, the batteries for the Kugas are made in Spain while the Escapes' are made in Michigan. I called Ford Customer Service (what a joke) and Ford Marketing to try to get an answer on why there are all the delays. Neither could give me any information at all. One would think that if there was a part problem or a manufacturing problem that SOMEONE at Ford would be able to address that with the public/buyers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
IF the issue is related, then maybe they are not saying anything because they do not know if it is actually fixed or not. I know I would feel better if they would admit that the problem was either fixed and they are doing extensive testing or they believe they have a fix and are doing extensive testing. There are ways to let the buyers know without damaging their reputation or putting a bad spin on things. I think that silence is what is damaging the reputation here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I fully agree with you. Ford has turned a "minor" problem into a public relations/customer nightmare. It is always better to step up and be truthful. Always.

Reactions: cavalierrs

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree 100% with you Guys!!!! Nibd was suppose to be build last week and I did not call back. I think I will give them a call Tomorrow!!! Will call Ford Canada

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good luck with the call, Danmar. Ford USA was no help, hope the Canadians are better (they usually are!).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did read an article last night that mentioned that the issue with the Kuga PHEVs was moisture getting into the batteries. Sounds like it should be a simple fix, however I did read also that BMW had the same issue, and some other brand did too (I don't recall which one). So maybe 1) it's not so simple and 2) I wonder if they have the same battery suppliers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did read an article last night that mentioned that the issue with the Kuga PHEVs was moisture getting into the batteries. Sounds like it should be a simple fix, however I did read also that BMW had the same issue, and some other brand did too (I don't recall which one). So maybe 1) it's not so simple and 2) I wonder if they have the same battery suppliers.
[/QU
Thanks for the update. Mine was scheduled for this last (September 14) week, but I was given a "new date" of the week of October 5th. I wonder why they are having so many delays. I am beginning to contemplate cancelling my order and waiting for the 2021 models to come out in January.
I contacted my dealer. We agreed that if there is no progress on my 2020 Titanium PHEV order when 2021 orders open up, they will apply my deposit to a 2021 model and we will order a 2021 model for me. I don't think there will be many changes for 2021 but I am thinking of resale value. I am also very concerned about the issues they are having with the 2020 PHEV model. I hope they get them sorted out. I can continue using my 2016 CMax Energi for a few more months.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You had to give a deposit? It sounds like you can wait so that makes sense. I've had my CMAX for 8yrs/258k miles so I have gotten my moneys worth for sure. :) And I still love the car and everything still works most of the time.

Paul

161 - 180 of 199 Posts