2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2020 escape SEL 1.5 AWD
77 Posts
So I bought the lazfit fro Amazon and they said “fits low beam and fog” (see images) went to put them in the low beam and they don’t fit. They are high beam bulbs. I’m annoyed because i bought 2 sets of h11 (low and fog) but now I have a high beam led and what would be low. I’m sending one back to get the 9005 which ironically Amazon says doesn’t fit my car. (Image)

·
Registered
2020 Escape SE & 2020 Titanium
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes! Exactly! I think it’s the same bulb just different ring.

·
Registered
2020 escape SEL 1.5 AWD
77 Posts
Yes! Exactly! I think it’s the same bulb just different ring.
The ring is the same, the connector is different. The h11 (one that Amazon said is good) has a different design on the plug, it’s missing the notch for it to slide onto the car harness.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah, I checked the links in the first post and one is dead, but I bought according to my owners manual.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L
9 Posts
I purchased these after carid.com claimed they would fit but the plug/prongs appear to be narrower on the led bulbs. Should i get a different size bulb, aka, would h11's work? H9s are what i received. I'm new at this and was hoping to make these work. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 escape SEL 1.5 AWD
77 Posts
I purchased these after carid.com claimed they would fit but the plug/prongs appear to be narrower on the led bulbs. Should i get a different size bulb, aka, would h11's work? H9s are what i received. I'm new at this and was hoping to make these work. Thanks
H9 are the high beam
9005 are low. Not sure of the fog. I got my replacements today

Low and high

·
Registered
2020 escape SEL 1.5 AWD
77 Posts
Also look for lasfit. They are about 50 a set on Amazon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a question, if I install hids for the low beams do I need an anti flicker module or anything special? I've installed hids before, just don't know if this car needs anything special. Thank you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have a question, if I install hids for the low beams do I need an anti flicker module or anything special? I've installed hids before, just don't know if this car needs anything special. Thank you.
No

Reactions: BiilyJones

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L
9 Posts
I was browsing the Lumen LED bulbs again as i returned the H9s which didn't fit for low beams. If i'm understanding correctly, 9005 is actually the bulb for low beams due to the plug difference? It seems like there is major confusion on part of these websites listing 9005 as the high beam bulb when it's actually the opposite.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Just look in your owners manual and order accordingly.

·
Registered
2020 lemon
8 Posts
I installed the Auxito B3 Fanless 6000K bulbs and I'm very pleased. Bright white light with pattern like the factory halogen bulbs. I've bought these before and the fanless variety with the large heat sinks last. The bulbs I've purchased with fans often failed after a few months (including some Lasfits).

You can buy them on ebay for $32.99 a pair for H11's (low beam) and 9005's (high beam).

All the best, essell

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Lumens?

·
Registered
2020 lemon
8 Posts
21 - 40 of 65 Posts