2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
181 - 183 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid with Premium Package Agate Black Metallic with Black Leather
80 Posts
Update on this, the service person at the Ford dealership said that they do need to change the battery charging mode for an AGM battery. They are taking care of it while they also make some warranty repairs for me.
Did this solve your problem long term? I am on my 3rd battery the last one lasted 7 months. Or did you eventually get a bigger battery?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Did this solve your problem long term? I am on my 3rd battery the last one lasted 7 months. Or did you eventually get a bigger battery?
A few days ago I installed a bigger 70AH 12v AGM battery in my 2020 Escape Hybrid. Here's a link to my write-up.
View attachment 78908

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hello, the dealer just resets/ updates the communication module. I had the car in the shop last Monday and picked it up Wednesday and it went into deep sleep mode Wednesday morning. I had driving my car over 100 miles on Sunday. The reset the communication module on 7/25 when I had it in the shop. There is TSB regarding this but the resolution on it is resetting/updating the communications module. I am frustrated with this. They need a bigger battery and once I can $$ it , since the dealer will not replace it, I will end up buying the one I have seen on this forum to replace it.
I was last at the dealer in January. Same story as always….they don’t have any guidance from Ford. No effort made to do anything. I’ve never had a dead battery….just the message. The last time was within the last week (yes in the warm summertime weather). I’ll probably have the battery replaced before winter with the larger battery.

181 - 183 of 183 Posts