2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First decent weekend, decided before weather gets any colder up north to get good coat of wax in. I realize we all have various ways of detailing, and I thought long and hard here. I decided since vehicle was just 3 months old to first use a cleaner wax(all by hand, no buffers), then followed by carnauba paste wax. I stick with meguiers products since they worked well for me for many years and are easily found...here's some pictures.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
898 Posts
Well done!

Reactions: Hybrid Steve

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks GREAT! But my hand waxing days etc are long gone. Bitch to get old :)

George in NY
I feel your pain. (77yo). My wife won't even let me wash the car these days coz I have to stand on a stool or small ladder to reach the roof and she is afraid I will fall.
This is our first SUV and our previous cars were fine as they were not as high.
I now get the Escape washed regularly and waxed twice yearly at a nearby business and their fees are quite reasonable. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks awesome. I use Meguiers products on my ‘17. Mine is in Lightening Blue Metallic, and after a hand wax with the Caranuba paste, she has a mirror finish. Not trying t outdo you. Just commenting on how beautiful that blue is after a good wax.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks awesome. I use Meguiers products on my ‘17. Mine is in Lightening Blue Metallic, and after a hand wax with the Caranuba paste, she has a mirror finish. Not trying t outdo you. Just commenting on how beautiful that blue is after a good wax.
Thanks! That blue is a great color too and must look great after the wax! Been using meguiers products for many years now with no bad results.:)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yes...Meguiars products are certainly worth the money however I always find Collinite 845 insulator wax equally as effective and easier to use as a liquid wax and it is all I ever use around every 6 months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts