1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a 2020 Ford Escape SEL AWD Oxford White Ebony Interior
MSRP $32,905
36 Month / 12k Miles per year LEASE
Got them to $370 a month / $1500 Down included taxes fees and first payment / also they are taking my $300 last payment on my Honda
Does this sound like a good deal? I know what the incentives, the APR and the residual but its hard to really know.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
My recent purchase details below for reference.
  • 2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid AWD
    • Options
      • Premium package 2.0
        • 2.0 vs the original is a recent development (~Feb/March 2020)
        • Adds wireless charging and includes spare tire
        • $2100 vs the original premium package cost $1995, guessing because of the addition of the tire
      • Star White ($600 charge)
    • Purchase price: ~$31,800
      • $3500 in Ford incentives (incl. financing from Ford Credit)
      • ~$3500 in dealer discounts
    • MSRP: ~$39k
    • Minnesota dealer in the Twin Cities
My general thoughts:
  • The hybrid doesn't actually seem to impact bottom line price much since dealer discounts seem to cut at least half this cost on average
  • Similarly, in northern states, AWD is typically not a premium since it's about the only version they sell and some localities have it explicitly discounted by ~$400 or so on the window sticker itself
  • Sport Premiums are almost certainly the best price point, can be gotten under $30k at many dealerships with current Ford incentives and include nearly everything a Titanium would (we got the top trim because it's my wife's car and demands leather)
  • Coronavirus doesn't make dealers negotiate more. The current Ford incentives are fantastic and are essentially Ford's counter to the virus.
  • I test drove a RAV4 hybrid and a CR-V hybrid. This is one man's opinion, but the Escape felt roomier, far more upscale (hard plastics notwithstanding, I don't care about door plastic), feature packed, and MUCH cheaper for what you get. The RAV4 and CR-V driving dynamics just felt awkward compared to the Escape which felt very natural for someone transitioning from gas-only vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Confused... the 2.0 liter is not a hybrid.
The package name is called Premium Package 2.0. See from a couple window stickers on an SE Sport and a Titanium. These are both hybrids, so they come with the 2.5L Atkinson. I can see how Ford didn't choose the best name for the new package by overlapping it with one of the engine size options.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
feature packed, and MUCH cheaper for what you get.
The above is why I've been buying Fords exclusively for a while now, and I've had pretty good luck with the vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts