2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone besides myself had an issue with the chrome plating on the window control buttons flaking/chipping off? I rarely use my windows since I bought it in Aug 2020 and last week I was going through a drive-thru at my bank and rolled down my window. When I touched the button to roll down the drivers side I felt something sharp and uneven on the button. As I investigated it more the chrome plating pin the buttons has chipped away from the button. In fact every button for all the windows is chipping off. I don't ever use those, surely this is a manufacturer defect. Is there a service bulletin issued for this? I can't find anything anywhere related to this problem. Please advise!

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium
21 Posts
I had this happen too, last week. I've had my escape for 3 months and this happened. Cut my finger on it!!!! Now I have painter's tape covering the button.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I read about this on the Ford Escape facebook group and those that had chipping had them replaced under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium
21 Posts
True. The thing that's really pissing me off is AC/Heater. The unit is possessed. It just does whatever it wants. Needs an exorcism!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts