2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For anyone looking for the actual part# for the "missing" engine cover on the Hybrid. The cover is made from a dense/thick foam rubber material. I imagine it provides a trivial amount of noise dampening, but it's 99% cosmetic.

I ordered it directly through Ford parts...

Cover# LX6Z-6A949-B

Prices on the website vary depending on dealership selected. Local dealers (Austin) had it at $109, while "Sames Ford", a Corpus Christi dealer, had it $82. Fedex shipping is free so it doesn't really matter where you choose to buy it.

You'll also likely need the two rear mounting studs.

The right-rear uses a M6 size stud/nut to secure the cover.

Stud# W714647-S450B

Nut# W520201-S437

The left-rear mount is a M6 thread ball stud which is backordered. I didn't need it so I'm unsure of the full part number, but here's the link...

In the end, I guess I'm happy to have it. Was it worth it? No.

Premium Member
Persian Green 2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
I want to thank you, I had the cover but not the stud. I ordered yesterday afternoon and I have not only already received it I have it put together 馃檪

Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the Fedex Overnight shipping on everything really surprised me, considering it was free.

As a follow-up, I think the backordered Ball Stud part# is AA5Z-6N958-A, but I'm not certain. It looks like a common Ford part, probably an easy to pull salvage part if you didn't want pay the ridiculous prices. I was originally just using a M6 button cap hex screw (1.5") as a stud. The head didn't quite fit so I sanded/rounded down the cap in a drill (poor man's lathe). For the record, that modified hex screw fit the mounting point just as securely as the official ball stud does.

Registered
I got it for free when I complained about it after purchase but doubt it will work now

Registered
2020 Ford Escape SE Sport Hybrid
I complained after the sale and they shipped the cover within a few days. Then I discovered I needed the additional hardware which they said was ordered, and on backorder. That was on March 16, and I am still waiting.

Registered
I received the parts and finally got the cover installed. I do think it reduced some engine noise. But, now the large air conditioning hose rubs up on the side of the cover. Not sure if this is anything to worry about or not.

Premium Member
Persian Green 2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
The ball stud finally came in, now it's like it was supposed to be when I bought it.

Registered
I received the parts and finally got the cover installed. I do think it reduced some engine noise. But, now the large air conditioning hose rubs up on the side of the cover. Not sure if this is anything to worry about or not.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts