2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....so good. I have about 1400 miles on the odometer on my 2020 FE Titanium Hybrid and I’ve averaged 43.0 MPG (odo miles/total gals). Last tank....500.1 miles, reading 110 miles DTE and averaged 43.5 MPG. Doing a bit better than the EPA 40 MPG combined.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
....so good. I have about 1400 miles on the odometer on my 2020 FE Titanium Hybrid and I’ve averaged 43.0 MPG (odo miles/total gals). Last tank....500.1 miles, reading 110 miles DTE and averaged 43.5 MPG. Doing a bit better than the EPA 40 MPG combined.
Just curious. Can you describe your driving habits? For example, I am retired and take mostly short trips around town. Those trips are usually about 10 miles each and sometimes less.
Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious. Can you describe your driving habits? For example, I am retired and take mostly short trips around town. Those trips are usually about 10 miles each and sometimes less.
Thanks
I’m also a retiree....live in a small town....no big city, heavy traffic, stop and go driving. Daily drives to any number of parks and nature centers to get my exercise (round trip drives of 20-30 miles)....general speeds of 35 to 55 MPH.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I’m also a retiree....live in a small town....no big city, heavy traffic, stop and go driving. Daily drives to any number of parks and nature centers to get my exercise (round trip drives of 20-30 miles)....general speeds of 35 to 55 MPH.
Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
As of 2400 miles, I'm getting
~34 MPG at interstate speeds (72 MPH set point, 62 MPH achieved with <9% EV)
~42 MPG on back roads (30-35 MPH achieved with >50% EV)

I expect back road mileage will improve as the weather warms and the car breaks in.

Stay well,
Frank

·
Registered
143 Posts
The trip odo includes elapsed time, so you can calculate the average speed for the tank. It's always less than the cruise control set point.
Frank

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As of 2400 miles, I'm getting
~34 MPG at interstate speeds (72 MPH set point, 62 MPH achieved with <9% EV)
~42 MPG on back roads (30-35 MPH achieved with >50% EV)

I expect back road mileage will improve as the weather warms and the car breaks in.

Stay well,
Frank
What does your fuel economy screen say? Do you reset it?

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "fuel economy screen" given all the displays. These are tank averages. I reset Trip 1 and the ICE mileage bar every tank.
Frank

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what you mean by "fuel economy screen" given all the displays. These are tank averages. I reset Trip 1 and the ICE mileage bar every tank.
Frank
This screen.....it’s one of the menu options....
5EDFA1AF-EC0F-40FC-8734-109FAE19DB25.jpeg

·
Registered
143 Posts
I called that ICE mileage, for the bar display. I reset it on fill-up, so it's the same as Trip 1.

This is one of the several useful displays that C-Max gathered in one place, which Escape scattered hither and yon. Sad.

Frank

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just passed 1,900 miles; bought my SE Sport Hybrid on 12/18/2019. My overall mpg is 40.4. I’ve filled the tank 4 times, once per month. I continue to achieve fantastic mpg figures on short trips. On several trips of less than five miles the computer has reported mpg in the seventies.

·
Registered
143 Posts
... I continue to achieve fantastic mpg figures on short trips. ...
Yep! That's one reason I only quoted tank data, what I'd reported through Fuelly.com. Shorter trips need to be "fair." Before retiring, I had a 15-mile commute with only 20' difference in altitude. I could combine "to" and "from" trips because they overlaid when plotted vs. temperature.

These days, I'm more likely to drive 5 miles to shop, with a substantial altitude change. Mileage going is usually low 30's, 31-something yesterday, because warm-up run is followed by uphill runs. Coming home yesterday, I caught the lights and hit 72 MPG, instead of the usual 60's.

Note my average mileage yesterday was 44.3 MPG, not (31+72)/2.
Best with the C-Max was 120 MPG on the way home, an average of 49.3 MPG for the round trip, because I still used most of the fuel getting to the top of the hill.

Stay well,
Frank

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
About 3200 miles on the odometer..... overall (calculated) MPG 45.1.... last tank 46.1 MPG.... fuel economy screen reads 46.3 MPG (never reset).

·
Registered
5 Posts
So far, on 3 fill-ups (and 1418 miles covered) we're averaging 39.2mpg. And each tank has been better than the last.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would suggest using Fuelly.com to keep track of your actual gas mileage. You also can see how other 2020 FEH owners are doing.

Paul

1 - 18 of 18 Posts