2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My husband and I have been the proud owners of a 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid (FWD) in Magnetic Grey for two weeks. Our very first car!!

Have already put 600 kms on the clock and still about 3/8 of a tank of gas left. Really loving the fuel economy. Alslo loving the sunroof, and HUD. Winter tires have been ordered but I have to say, wheels/rims don't seem to be widely available. But I digress. Its great to see this forum and I hope to share and learn a lot.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
105 Posts
Hi all,

My husband and I have been the proud owners of a 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid (FWD) in Magnetic Grey for two weeks. Our very first car!!

Have already put 600 kms on the clock and still about 3/8 of a tank of gas left. Really loving the fuel economy. Alslo loving the sunroof, and HUD. Winter tires have been ordered but I have to say, wheels/rims don't seem to be widely available. But I digress. Its great to see this forum and I hope to share and learn a lot.
I also bought a 2020 Hybrid (AWD in my case) and yes, I can attest to the issues with obtaining snow tires & rims.

Ended up having to pay $2,200 taxes is for an 18" tire & rim combo (the dealer says hybrid requires aluminum rims and they couldn't source the 17" package that is available in the USA)

NefCanuck

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
898 Posts
Welcome to the forum, evanderm!

·
Registered
2005 XLT V-6 198,000 miles; 2020 Titanium Phev on order
34 Posts
Congrats to you both, what a nice first car. Have many happy miles!

·
Registered
191 Posts
... Winter tires have been ordered but I have to say, wheels/rims don't seem to be widely available. ...
...yes, I can attest to the issues with obtaining snow tires & rims. ...
Odd... Tire Rack is showing 16-20" snow tire/wheel package options.

Granted they're leaving out TMPS, and these are $US prices, but the availability/fitment seems there.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
105 Posts
Odd... Tire Rack is showing 16-20" snow tire/wheel package options.

Granted they're leaving out TMPS, and these are $US prices, but the availability/fitment seems there.
Well, this was the dealer in my case, who may or may not have as full access to materials as Tire Rack has (In fact I was supposed to get a call from the dealer today that the tires & rims had arrived, not a peep yet)

NefCanuck

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,150 Posts
Well, this was the dealer in my case, who may or may not have as full access to materials as Tire Rack has (In fact I was supposed to get a call from the dealer today that the tires & rims had arrived, not a peep yet)

NefCanuck
There are a lot more options than tire rack. I’ve always had good luck with Costco. You should check the online sites of tire stores in your area. At least you can maybe get your dealer to price match. My dealer just price matched Costco for a set of winter tires and rims.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,150 Posts
Can't disagree, but I find their data excellent, and trust their fitment recommendations.
Very true. But doesn’t prevent someone from using their recommendations and then looking for that particular tire at another source. I use Tire Rack for tire recommendations but usually check out Costco when I want to buy. I, along with anyone that lives in a large urban area, have dozens of choices. You guys probably have even more in the states.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,

Congrats on your choice of hybrid engine. This is my 3rd vehicle with hybrid engine now. Both prior cars exceeded 112 k miles with no issues.My son still driving the 2012 lincoln mkz, over 146k miles with no engine issues! To this day I too am amazed when I fill the tank and it says 500+ miles to empty!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts