2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Cross Bars for the 2020 Escape came in today and the parts department said they where broken. They reordered them and said to wait 5 more days.The Ford Technician told me over the phone it shouldn't hit the sunroof but we will see when I get it next week or so.

·
Super Moderator
2,252 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Escape Hybrid Dark Persian Green Metallic, 2012 Boss 302 Competition Orange Mustang
17 Posts
Going by the sponsor/ parts list they're Yakima racks. Interesting to see they list a Borla exhaust system is fitted too.

Here's a challenge....find an official Ford advertising photo of a 2020 Ford Escape sporting the roof rack side rails and crossbars carrying any type of cargo/load...bikes, kayaks, surf boards, paddle boards, skis etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called Yakima about crossbars and connecting towers for the 2020 escape and was told that they have not been manufactured yet, but are working on it. That's basically the same response I received from Thule. They both seem designed to clamp onto the flush rails. There was no prediction of when they would be available. I also had the impression that a sunroof is not compatible with crossbars although not clear if this is because of roof strength issues or interference with the sunroof when it is opened.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok I now have the OEM Ford Cross Bars installed and I can confirm you "Can Not" use the Sunroof feature while these are installed on the car. See pictures. I spoke with the service manager and he is going to disconnect my sunroof so I don't accidentally try to open it while I have these on my racks. He didn't want to pull the fuse as it might be used for other items on the car. The Cross Bars at this point are more important to me than using the Sunroof so I had to make a decision and choose to discsonnect the Sunroof for my 2020 Ford

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok I now have the OEM Ford Cross Bars installed and I can confirm you "Can Not" use the Sunroof feature while these are installed on the car. See pictures. I spoke with the service manager and he is going to disconnect my sunroof so I don't accidentally try to open it while I have these on my racks. He didn't want to pull the fuse as it might be used for other items on the car. The Cross Bars at this point are more important to me than using the Sunroof so I had to make a decision and choose to discsonnect the Sunroof for my 2020 Ford

View attachment 76417 View attachment 76418
Hey SanDiegoEscape, I’m also looking to add crossbars to my Escape with a Moonroof. It’s been about two months since you posted so I was hoping you could give some feedback on if you had any issues with them other than not being able to open the roof?

·
Registered
31 Posts
All is good the Ford cross bars work great. I use them to put surfboards on them. As you said I can open my sunshade and not the sunroof. I had the sunroof disconnected so I wouldn’t hit the button by mistake.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SE Sport Hybrid AWD (non-premium package so it has the cool solid black rims)
15 Posts
My only question is why it’s called Sport?
(Cosmetic) It is a way to differentiate the SE Hybrid apart from the Titanium Hybrid. While the latter is luxury/upscale, the SE Hybrid is an appearance package on a more basic trim, with blackout moldings around windows and grill, black 17" rims standard, a leather wrapped steering wheel, and a 12.3" LCD instrument cluster. It is only available with the SE HEV and not the PHEV. The SE PHEV will be more aligned with the gas engine SE in terms of exterior styling.
To be candid, I specifically wanted just the SE Sport Hybrid for the engine and the 17" rim/sport look of the vehicle. My first color choice, Star White, was not available and I wanted to acquire a vehicle sooner than later, so I found a Velocity Blue incoming to a local dealer and locked in on that one.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts