2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently shopping for a new leftover 2020. The dealers around me have tons of 2020's. Like most dealers have 20 plus 2020 Escapes in stock still. After reading through the forums I see that there are certain things to look out for like concerns about build date and number of recalls. . For those of you who have purchased and are living with a 2020, what are some of the biggest things to look out for? Any advise for these cars in general?

·
Registered
259 Posts
The only annoyance on our 2020 Titanium Hybrid we got new in February is the annoying subwoofer rattle that Ford won't do much about or come up with a solution to as of yet. It had a front passenger door alignment issue (was difficult to shut) when we first went to look at it at the dealer but the bodyshop guys at the dealer adjusted the door hinges and has been fine since. I would suggest the all weather rubber type floor mats but they are not nearly as "rubbery" and good heavier quality as the OEM ones in our gen 3 Escape (the 16). Other than that its just a learning curve like getting used to the rotary transmission shifter knob, adaptive cruise control, the lane centering, the new version of Sync is slightly different than the previous generations. When you start the car (if you choose a hybrid) its strange not to hear or feel the engine running but the car is on and ready to drive. Just first world problems....haha.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
819 Posts
Look for a build date on the sticker between 6/30/2020 & 9/2020.
The vast majority of the CoVid startup woes are gone since the on hand stock has been used up and replace along with the people on the line getting back in the swing of things.
9/2020 is when the de-contenting started for "minor" items like the engine beauty cover and the spare tire being switched out to an inflation kit.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
69 Posts
I bought mine in December of 2020, I love it!!!
The only advice I have is concerning the panoramic moonroof, I really enjoy the panoramic roof on my Titanium Hybrid but I also wanted the roof rack crossbars. Unfortunately I found out AFTER I bought the car that I cannot put the crossbars on it with the panoramic window on the roof, if I do, it voids the warranty on the car. It’s all because of a design change of the window operation.
My advice is, take into consideration whether you would rather have the moonroof or the ability to utilize crossbars on the roof rack.
Like was already mentioned, I highly recommend the replacement of the floor mats, I bought the ones offered by the dealer for the front, rear and the cargo area, they actually look really good and are worth every penny you spend on them. Even though the original floor mats were only in the car for two weeks while I waited for the new ones to come in, the originals were already showing signs of wear and I only had like 400 miles on the car.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium
26 Posts
Seriously, floor mats is your biggest qualm with this car? This thing is buggier than a roach motel! Read the thread Things you don’t like about the 2020+ Escapes! Buyer beware.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
370 Posts
...annoying subwoofer rattle that Ford won't do much about or come up with a solution to as of yet.
As Ford seems to be ducking this, play a thumb-drive of something with a lot of low bass, or better yet, test it with an audio app like AudioTool. Mine peaked at 65Hz. The rattle is not subtle, the sound system pretty good without it.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
69 Posts
Seriously, floor mats is your biggest qualm with this car? This thing is buggier than a roach motel! Read the thread Things you don’t like about the 2020+ Escapes! Buyer beware.
You do realize that you too have the opportunity to inform the OP of problems that YOU have had with YOUR Escape. As for me, I absolutely love mine and apparently there are many more on this site that feel the same as I do.

Name one brand and model vehicle that is mass produced same as the Ford Escape that has ”0” problems or “0” things that annoy its users and that you cannot place the “buyer beware” placard onto using the exact same criteria you‘ve just placed on this one.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Titanium
26 Posts
Ford does make quality cars, that is why this escape is my fourth Ford. I didn’t have issues with my previous Fords, but this escape has not lived up to the standard that I have come to know from Ford. That’s great that you don’t have any issues with your escape, but that has not been my experience with mine. I’d expect a 40 thousand something dollar car to be well made. I just wanted to make the person looking at the 2020 year model to be aware of issues that are known and not go through the frustration that I am going through with this car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would ensure to get later builds since they addressed number of issues and avoid 1.5L engine option. 2.0L is the best engine choice for it. The only issue I had is with BSM randomly blinking and I am not the only one.

·
Premium Member
Persian Green 2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
25 Posts
I bought my 2020 Titanium hybrid on September 2nd and haven't been back to the Ford dealer since. It's been flawless so far.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have about 3500 mi on the 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid. A few easily addressable issues have been resolved by the dealership. I also replaced the crappy 12v Lead acid battery with a bigger AGM battery. So far, so good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts