2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
281 - 300 of 355 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
I used the method posted by nodskillet to get the "real time" update yesterday. I had to use Chrome to make it work but it didn't take long for the chat rep to get the status info for me. Chat good, phone bad. I tried to call Ford all morning one day last year. I think I'd still be on hold if I didn't give it up. I was on bluetooth and my cell so it wasn't bad. Still, that's something I'll never do again.

Does anybody know how many stops an autorack train typically makes while enroute to the end of the line? I wonder it it unloads something in every metro area along the way.

The regular schedule for CSX from Louisville to Mobile is 4 days 19 hours.

· Registered
27 Posts
Wundretti,

WOW!
I think you just set the record for the fastest shipment from factory to dealer.
Yesterday you got the email from Ford and today your dealer called and said your car was there.
Amazing!

For me, Nov 1st is the 7 month mark since order confirmation.

Any special financing available?
Are you thinking about an extended warranty?
I'll be interested to know how many miles are on your Escape when they hand you the keys and it's really yours.
You made it! The Federal Tax credit is yours!

And staying with board tradition, please do take a few pictures of your new Escape in the dealer lot and post them.
On Mon. Oct. 31, exactly 7 months after ordering, I bought my 2022 Ford Escape SE PHEV with carbonized gray exterior and dark earth gray cloth seats. The only option I added was the spare tire.

I was able to get the price, rebate, and financing agreed to at the time of the order (Flex Buy 0% for 66 months). I did not purchase an Extended Service Contract. The car had 5 miles on it. My only disappointment was they didn’t charge the high voltage battery for me. My salesman said it was the first PHEV he has sold and one of only a few sold all year by the dealership.

Speaking of charging, it’s taking 4 hours to fully charge from empty on the Level 2 charger. However, the last 15-30 minutes only charges a little bit of the battery. Yesterday I got 43 all electric miles with 4 of them from regeneration. That was driving about half city and half highway with very slow and gradual accelerating and decelerating. Therefore, I’d get a little less with a “real world” driving style. I parked overnight in a heated garage and the temps on the way home from work were in the mid to upper 60s F.

Lastly, for how quickly the tracker timeline updated the In-Production and Built dates, as of today, it has not changed from the screenshot I shared on Oct. 28, which does not show Shipped or Final Preparation dates. However, the wording above it did change in a timely manner. Although, it still says the vehicle is in final preparation and that my dealer will contact me soon.

· Registered
130 Posts
On Mon. Oct. 31, exactly 7 months after ordering, I bought my Ford Escape SE PHEV with carbonized gray exterior and dark earth gray cloth seats. The only option I added was the spare tire.

I was able to get the price, rebate, and financing agreed to at the time of the order (Flex Buy 0% for 66 months). I did not purchase an Extended Service Contract. The car had 5 miles on it. My only disappointment was they didn’t charge the high voltage battery for me. My salesman said it was the first PHEV he has sold and one of only a few sold all year by the dealership.

Speaking of charging, it’s taking 4 hours to fully charge from empty on the Level 2 charger. However, the last 15-30 minutes only charges a little bit of the battery. Yesterday I got 43 all electric miles with 4 of them from regeneration. That was driving about half city and half highway with very slow and gradual accelerating and decelerating. Therefore, I’d get a little less with a “real world” driving style. I parked overnight in a heated garage and the temps on the way home from work were in the mid to upper 60s F.

Lastly, for how quickly the tracker timeline updated the In-Production and Built dates, as of today, it has not changed from the screenshot I shared on Oct. 28, which does not show Shipped or Final Preparation dates. However, the wording above it did change in a timely manner. Although, it still says the vehicle is in final preparation and that my dealer will contact me soon.
Wundretti,

CONGRATS!
Thanks for passing along the info on the price, rebate, financing, mileage when you picked it up and your "EV Now" mode mileage.
I agree - Ford's online tracker is hit or miss. Needs improvement.

· Registered
5 Posts
I used the method posted by nodskillet to get the "real time" update yesterday. I had to use Chrome to make it work but it didn't take long for the chat rep to get the status info for me. Chat good, phone bad. I tried to call Ford all morning one day last year. I think I'd still be on hold if I didn't give it up. I was on bluetooth and my cell so it wasn't bad. Still, that's something I'll never do again.

Does anybody know how many stops an autorack train typically makes while enroute to the end of the line? I wonder it it unloads something in every metro area along the way.

The regular schedule for CSX from Louisville to Mobile is 4 days 19 hours.
The chat is quick and good when you want an ETA, except it now has me confused, when I asked 2 days ago they said the ETA was November 9th. Asked again today and now for some reason it's unknown:
Azure Rectangle Font Aqua Electric blue

I have a feeling it's still just sitting on the lot waiting for a part seeing as the dealer it's being shipped to had a SE PHEV built on the same day along with some other regular escapes and they arrived on the 28th whereas the titanium one I have on order hasn't shipped yet with ford not able to give any reason why it's still delayed.

· Registered
36 Posts
I wonder if they got it right this time? The "official" Ford email arrived very early Saturday morning . The first one since I got the VIN. It says:

YOUR VEHICLE IS ON ITS WAY

Your new 2022 Escape SEL Plug-In Hybrid has shipped and is on its way!

Our current estimate for delivery to "Your Dealership" is between November 9, 2022 and November 15, 2022. Once it arrives, a dealership representative will contact you to arrange final delivery..

The Order Track changed status to In Transit sometime Friday night but the Shipping Information is still a blank.

That's better than the tracker at https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking. That one always says this anymore.

"We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN."

Haha, we'll see.

· Registered
Waiting for a 2022 Escape Titanium Plug-In Hybrid since April 2022.
33 Posts
I wonder if they got it right this time? The "official" Ford email arrived very early Saturday morning . The first one since I got the VIN. It says:

YOUR VEHICLE IS ON ITS WAY

Your new 2022 Escape SEL Plug-In Hybrid has shipped and is on its way!

Our current estimate for delivery to "Your Dealership" is between November 9, 2022 and November 15, 2022. Once it arrives, a dealership representative will contact you to arrange final delivery..

The Order Track changed status to In Transit sometime Friday night but the Shipping Information is still a blank.

That's better than the tracker at https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking. That one always says this anymore.

"We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN."

Haha, we'll see.
I tried your link and I get the same deceiving results. I wonder if Ford actually invoiced the dealer on Aug 31st for a “vehicle on wheels” built on Sept 9th and is rotting in a field in Kentucky! 😬 It must be frustrating for dealers to pay interests on that vehicle.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I just joined this forum so I could share my experience FWIW. My blend date was Oct 24 and I got a shipping email on Oct 29 with an estimated delivery date of Nov 17-24 to my dealer (in AZ). I wasn't too sure about it being that fast but I got a text from my dealer yesterday saying that my PHEV is in Blue Island IL at a rail "junction point". So maybe Nov17-24 is accurate. Anyway my point is that if my dealer can get transit info perhaps yours can as well.

As long as I get mine before the end of the year I'll be happy, it has been a long process.

· Registered
36 Posts
I tried your link and I get the same deceiving results. I wonder if Ford actually invoiced the dealer on Aug 31st for a “vehicle on wheels” built on Sept 9th and is rotting in a field in Kentucky! 😬 It must be frustrating for dealers to pay interests on that vehicle.
I remember how long your car shipping has been on hold. Wasn't it projected to arrive in Tampa just as Ian was coming to visit? I was wonderin how thoroughly a new car could get sandblasted inside an autorack in a mean 'cane. I hope they get it figured out for you soon.

· Registered
130 Posts
Hi, I just joined this forum so I could share my experience FWIW. My blend date was Oct 24 and I got a shipping email on Oct 29 with an estimated delivery date of Nov 17-24 to my dealer (in AZ). I wasn't too sure about it being that fast but I got a text from my dealer yesterday saying that my PHEV is in Blue Island IL at a rail "junction point". So maybe Nov17-24 is accurate. Anyway my point is that if my dealer can get transit info perhaps yours can as well.

As long as I get mine before the end of the year I'll be happy, it has been a long process.
FordFanAZ,

I just called Ford Customer Service (800-392-3673) and the rep confirmed my Escape is also in Blue Island, IL.
Makes perfect sense since your Escape is headed to Arizona and mine is headed to California.
My delivery estimate is for Nov 15-21.
I'd guess, my actually delivery date (picking my car up from the dealer) will be a week after your delivery date.
Will be interesting to call the support line this coming Friday to see if our Escapes have made it west of Blue Island yet.

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm not sure this helps but here is a map of the major railroad companies and their routes. If I'm reading the articles right: this is as it is today.

If you get an update on when they leave Blue Island pls post it. We are going out of town for Thanksgiving so I am not likely to try to take possession until we return, but it would be interesting to know it is moving.

https://external-preview.redd.it/CM...bp&s=1fd102815b1e1a87a8702e0dc1f054626ea5f2da

· Registered
130 Posts
I'm not sure this helps but here is a map of the major railroad companies and their routes. If I'm reading the articles right: this is as it is today.

If you get an update on when they leave Blue Island pls post it. We are going out of town for Thanksgiving so I am not likely to try to take possession until we return, but it would be interesting to know it is moving.

https://external-preview.redd.it/CM...bp&s=1fd102815b1e1a87a8702e0dc1f054626ea5f2da
FordFanAZ,

I certainly will post the status I receive after I call Ford Customer Service Friday morning.

From your map, BNSF will get us our Escapes. The map you posted lines up with BNSF's own rail map.
I trust one of Warren's companies.

So far, the rail strike is being avoided: Rail labor union approves tentative contract

281 - 300 of 355 Posts