2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got my hopes up when the tracking site estimated delivery by one week after production. Forgetting it's far more common to be 3-5 weeks. Now onto my third estimated delivery week. Now I'm wondering if the car is even ready, or sitting in a lot waiting on finishing parts.
Golluk,
The last conversation I had with my dealer's General Manager, they told me that the only thing they could help with (as in tracking my order) is when a vehicle is scheduled for delivery or in transit.
It's worth a call to your dealer. The sales person may not have access. Give the General Manager a call.

·
Registered
Waiting for a 2022 Escape Titanium Plug-In Hybrid since April 2022.
16 Posts
my saleslady told me the abandonned PHEV order that went into production on 08/10/22 made it to the dealer on 08/30/22. If I'm lucky I should get it before October.

·
Registered
66 Posts
From in Production to Built!! 🎉🥳 Now I wait for shipping!

View attachment 82064
Frank,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to look at that timeline a few times to believe it.
From production to built... IN... ONE... DAY!!!!!

Amazing! CONGRATS!!!!

I really hope this is beginning of normal production resuming.

Also, looks like you'll be enjoying a $7,500 tax credit!!!!

One more data point: Your order was confirmed on 4/13/22. My order was confirmed on 4/722 - but I still don't have a VIN. If I do get a VIN soon, that would definitely be a sign that Ford is doing some serious catch up on the Escape orders.

·
Registered
22 Escape Titanium PHEV PP+Tow
121 Posts
From production to built... IN... ONE... DAY!!!!!
For whatever reason, once it builds, the production date switches to the same as the build date. I noticed mine in production on the 19th, but it now says in production on the 24th, which is when it finished being built.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got an email from Ford Customer Support Center at 4:27am EDT this morning:

Your 2022 Escape Titanium Plug-In Hybrid Order.

YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT

Dear Frank Martin,

Great news! Your 2022 Escape Titanium Plug-In Hybrid has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment. Our current estimate for delivery to "your dealer" is between October 2, 2022 and October 8, 2022.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got an email from Ford Customer Support Center at 4:27am EDT this morning:

Your 2022 Escape Titanium Plug-In Hybrid Order.

YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT

Dear Frank Martin,

Great news! Your 2022 Escape Titanium Plug-In Hybrid has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment. Our current estimate for delivery to "your dealer" is between October 2, 2022 and October 8, 2022.
Frank,

First, an update from Ford on a Sunday? That is impressive.

I wonder if the Kentucky plant is (or ramping up to) actually building Escape PHEVs in all 3 daily shifts. If they have the parts Ford would be smart to throw cash (in form of optional overtime) at the Kentucky plant to catch up on orders. It's in Ford's best interest to actually deliver as many backordered PHEVs as they can to keep people in a Ford. This week's announcement of the Chevrolet Equinox EV at $30K with fast charging won't make Ford's life any easier. What a nice looking EV (The $30,000 2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV Wants to Pull Off What the Bolt Couldn't).

That build date was real and not an estimate. WOW!
If they can build one Titanium, maybe they can build another and issue a VIN for VROD and me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow, my order actually showed up at the dealer this morning. Originally changed to shipped status on the 26th, so just shy of 3 weeks. Of course now I'm fully expecting to hear they only have a guy in twice a month to prepare deliveries, and they're still waiting on a back order of windshield washer fluid to finish the work...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, my order actually showed up at the dealer this morning. Originally changed to shipped status on the 26th, so just shy of 3 weeks. Of course now I'm fully expecting to hear they only have a guy in twice a month to prepare deliveries, and they're still waiting on a back order of windshield washer fluid to finish the work...
O...M...G... THAT is really good! Do you write comedy for a living?

·
Registered
121 Posts
O...M...G... THAT is really good! Do you write comedy for a living?
Nah, but sometimes it feels like I'm living in a comedy. And as they say, tragedy makes the best comedy.

Checked with the dealer though, they got 10 cars in today, but figures 1-2 days. I can't get there till Saturday anyways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a VIN, and have had build dates of Jun 12, Jul 25, and now Aug 29th. Getting scared even with that I won't get it this year. In my case it could cost me 15k more if I can't get it this year.
Here is more information for those of you that are waiting for your Escape PHEV. I ordered mine on February 5th 2022. the build date got moved back a total of four times. The first date was May 25th. It finally got built on August 31st and it was delivered to my dealer one week later.

·
Registered
66 Posts
At 5:59am Pacific Time this morning, Ford notified me that my vehicle is scheduled for production the week of Oct 17th.

Shouldn't the first line of Ford's email read: We're as shocked as you are to let you know...

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

Attempting to click on the "Track My Order" button gave me the following screen. Given the entire ordering experience, why am I not surprised?

Backordered windshield wiper fluid awaits.

IT...JUST...NEVER...ENDS!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car Tire

Thank goodness they didn't put an Escape in the picture as an example of "when things go wrong".

Place your bets now.

How many times will my production date be "modified"?

At this point, I want my Titanium to be THE last 2022 Escape to roll off the line in Kentucky and I want a handwritten letter from Jim Farley saying something like: "You made it! You finally made it! Well, actually we finally made it."

Finally, I want to take delivery at 11:59pm on December 31, 2022 so I still get the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit... but just barely.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes I did get this error screen a few times, then I tried again and it finally opened. I wonder if the traffic is getting higher these days as people get anxious about their builds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just like sb1 I received an email saying that my 2022 Escape SE PHEV is scheduled the week of Oct. 17! Ordered on 3/31/22. For what it's worth, I live in the Milwaukee, WI area.
That is a little encouraging for me, being from Milwaukee area too. However, mine is a Titanium and ordered in January. That may be a difference.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That is a little encouraging for me, being from Milwaukee area too. However, mine is a Titanium and ordered in January. That may be a difference.
VROD and tbearkline,

You might want to call your salesperson and ask this specific question: "What is the priority code of my order?"
You want to hear an answer of: "10 is the priority code of your order".

The higher the number, the lower the priority.
By default, I believe, our orders had a priority code of 19.
The dealer can set an order to a priority code to 10, which is the highest order priority code a dealer can designate, as I understand it.

From what we know (from posts), the weeks of Oct 24th and Oct 31st are still open for scheduling. Based on my email and Wundretti's email from Ford today, Ford is scheduling builds 30 days in advance. If they're building in Oct, it's likely they'll be building in Nov as well up to the balance out date on Nov 23rd. Point: There is time to get your order's priority raised and get a scheduled build date. No harm in calling your salesperson to verify the priority code of your order. If your salesperson doesn't know, ask for the general manager. They WANT you to get your Escape so they can get paid.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts