2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is a little encouraging for me, being from Milwaukee area too. However, mine is a Titanium and ordered in January. That may be a difference.
Did you get the tech package? According to the Sept. 9 post found here, perhaps vehicles with those options are being pushed to the 2023MY? 2022 Escape Production Information
Hopefully, I'm not breaking any forum rules by sharing this link.
My understanding of how the priority code works is that it ranks orders of the same model (e.g. Escape, Bronco, etc.) at your particular dealership. It does not help you get ahead of orders from other dealerships. I could be wrong, though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did you get the tech package? According to the Sept. 9 post found here, perhaps vehicles with those options are being pushed to the 2023MY? 2022 Escape Production Information
Hopefully, I'm not breaking any forum rules by sharing this link.
My understanding of how the priority code works is that it ranks orders of the same model (e.g. Escape, Bronco, etc.) at your particular dealership. It does not help you get ahead of orders from other dealerships. I could be wrong, though.
No rules broken - you shared a publicly available link.

Based on what I've read and been told by my salesperson about order priority codes, if you and I have orders from two different dealers, our orders are for the identical Escape (same trim level and options, etc.), your order priority code of 10 trumps my order priority code of 19. Ford sees your order as the higher priority order. The exception is if a particular dealer is setting all orders to 10 - not something any dealer would do, if they want to remain a dealer for long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No rules broken - you shared a publicly available link.

Based on what I've read and been told by my salesperson about order priority codes, if you and I have orders from two different dealers, our orders are for the identical Escape (same trim level and options, etc.), your order priority code of 10 trumps my order priority code of 19. Ford sees your order as the higher priority order. The exception is if a particular dealer is setting all orders to 10 - not something any dealer would do, if they want to remain a dealer for long.
You (or your salesman) could be right. I was going off this source: My Order in Relation to Production Week Scheduling Report

·
Registered
22 Escape Titanium PHEV PP+Tow
121 Posts
Getting the financials all sorted out now. Hoping for a sanity check here. All prices in CAD. So back in April when I ordered. MSRP for Tit PHEV with Tow and Prem Package was 44,249. Options were 2,750, and delivery/fee was another 2,095, for a total of 49,094. If I add registration, paint protection, and tax, my OTD should be 57,350 (ignoring xplan discount).

MSRP and options costs have gone up since then, but I'm price protected. Also ordering through X-plan, which should be about a 1500-2000 discount. I got sent a copy of the invoice, and it's total OTD is 54,640, a 2,710 difference. Which is about 1K more of a discount than I'd expect from the X-plan.

It's a bit trickier to figure out what's happened since since the MSRP and options are listed at the current price, and I have this mysterious 5,056 cash discount line item, while no 2,095 fee the online order builder had (seems baked into the MSRP).

Second question, how's $3,900 for PremiumCare, 7Y 150K Km, $100 deductible seem? That would be 2,950 USD, 93K miles. Edit: yeah, we get hosed here. should be 2.5k tops.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Getting the financials all sorted out now. Hoping for a sanity check here. All prices in CAD. So back in April when I ordered. MSRP for Tit PHEV with Tow and Prem Package was 44,249. Options were 2,750, and delivery/fee was another 2,095, for a total of 49,094. If I add registration, paint protection, and tax, my OTD should be 57,350 (ignoring xplan discount).

MSRP and options costs have gone up since then, but I'm price protected. Also ordering through X-plan, which should be about a 1500-2000 discount. I got sent a copy of the invoice, and it's total OTD is 54,640, a 2,710 difference. Which is about 1K more of a discount than I'd expect from the X-plan.

It's a bit trickier to figure out what's happened since since the MSRP and options are listed at the current price, and I have this mysterious 5,056 cash discount line item, while no 2,095 fee the online order builder had (seems baked into the MSRP).

Second question, how's $3,900 for PremiumCare, 7Y 150K Km, $100 deductible seem? That would be 2,950 USD, 93K miles. Edit: yeah, we get hosed here. should be 2.5k tops.
Golluk,

My salesperson told me there is a $1K discount from Ford for placing the order online. That may be the difference.

Your invoice may be calculating the dealer invoice pricing on the car and the dealer invoice pricing on the options to get a total dealer invoice amount, then applying X-plan pricing the total dealer invoice amount which could be the amount of the mysterious $5,056 discount.
That would make sense.

Worst case, when you go in to sign papers, the finance person would be able to walk you through the details of your invoice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Finance got back to me, it was roughly 2.2k of price protection, and 2.8K X-plan.

I'm still debating on the ESP. Which brought up a stranger question. Since I'm buying this for business use, does the ESP get deducted as part of CCA, is it treated like a vehicle expense like maintenance/parts separately, or does it get amortized for the life of the warranty. I could only find one article related to a business providing a company vehicle, and them treating the extended warranty as spread out year to year.

If I could deduct the cost all this year, it would make up for some of the ridiculous price. I'm hoping to not work as much as I did this year the next couple.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just saw this on Blue Oval forums. Does this mean no hope for a 2022 Titanium PHEV anymore?

S Series (VS-DA) has balanced out for 2022MY
  • SEL Tech Pack (ABIAB), Titanium Elite Pack (ABFAU), Titanium Premium Pack (AVFAV) have balanced out for 2022MY

·
Registered
44 Posts
My priority code is 11 since my order Jan 6.
Just saw this now:

• S Series (VS-DA) has balanced out for 2022MY
  • SEL Tech Pack (ABIAB), Titanium Elite Pack (ABFAU), Titanium Premium Pack (AVFAV) have balanced out for 2022MY

·
Registered
66 Posts
My priority code is 11 since my order Jan 6.
Just saw this now:

• S Series (VS-DA) has balanced out for 2022MY
VROD,
My interpretation:
For the 2022 Escape S Trim level (VS-DA) has completed its production for the 2022 model year. S Series trim level only. The entry is specific.

For the 2022 Escape SEL Trim level the option packages listed are done being built for the 2022 model year.

This is exactly what I would expect. The lower trims have few bells and whistles (read chips) that were backordered.

You ordered a Titanium. The entry makes no mention of the Titanium trim level.

Ford built the Escapes they could with the parts they had (S and SEL trims). Now, they focus on the problem child... the Titanium orders.

Nice priority level you have there: 11.
At least we've ruled out a low priority as the source of the delay.

The last day the Kentucky plant will build a 2022 Escape is Nov 23rd and the weeks in Nov have not yet been scheduled.

The data is telling me Ford is still building Titanium PHEVs. The only open question: The 2023 order bank opens up on Monday 9/19. Does your dealer convert your order to a 2023?
If you REALLY do not want your order converted and you want a 2022, tell them to hold off on converting your order.
Your converted 2022 to a 2023 order has a very high priority, so said the general manager of my local dealership. That's not a dealer opinion, that's directly from Ford.
I'd hold off converting if you can, because if/when your order is converted to a 2023, you go to the front of the line with the other converted orders.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The last day the Kentucky plant will build a 2022 Escape is Nov 23rd and the weeks in Nov have not yet been scheduled.
VROD,
My interpretation:
For the 2022 Escape S Trim level (VS-DA) has completed its production for the 2022 model year. S Series trim level only. The entry is specific.

For the 2022 Escape SEL Trim level the option packages listed are done being built for the 2022 model year.

This is exactly what I would expect. The lower trims have few bells and whistles (read chips) that were backordered.

Ford built the Escapes they could with the parts they had (S and SEL trims). Now, they focus on the problem child... the Titanium orders.

Except Titanium Elite Pack (ABFAU), Titanium Premium Pack (AVFAV) have balanced out for 2022MY
And Nov 23rd is a short week; I don't know that I would want a vehicle built on the Wed before Thanksgiving.

Last year, Escapes were scheduled all weeks in Oct and Nov, so hopefully that will remain the case this year - At least until the week of Nov 23.
And hopefully all of these Oct dates won't slip any.
By my tally, there are several orders on this forum from Jan that haven't been scheduled along with one each from april, and may.

·
Registered
44 Posts
VROD,
My interpretation:

Nice priority level you have there: 11.
At least we've ruled out a low priority as the source of the delay.

The data is telling me Ford is still building Titanium PHEVs. The only open question: The 2023 order bank opens up on Monday 9/19. Does your dealer convert your order to a 2023?
If you REALLY do not want your order converted and you want a 2022, tell them to hold off on converting your order.
Your converted 2022 to a 2023 order has a very high priority, so said the general manager of my local dealership. That's not a dealer opinion, that's directly from Ford.
I'd hold off converting if you can, because if/when your order is converted to a 2023, you go to the front of the line with the other converted orders.
Right now the tax credit loss would be the deal breaker for me. A 2022 or 2023 would be fine, but the loss of the tax credit would end the deal.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, took my car home today. So far only two minor issues noticed. First, the weather sealing on the front passenger door, near the B pillar, for whatever reason doesn't want to stay in place, but bulges out when you close the door by about 1-2cm along a 8cm section. Second, There seems to be some exposed holes where I'd expect the shipping mounts to be plugged by a rubber gasket. Those seem to be missing. Not 100% sure if the escapes have them.

Otherwise nothing seemed out of the ordinary on the short 8km drive home. I actually had to put it in sport and recharge battery mode to even get the engine turning on. Under my normal driving, even getting on a 90km/h highway, battery power did just fine.

A nice surprise was having a mini spare, and not the goop stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally got some "official" word from Ford. Email on Friday 2nd says dealer will receive my Titanium PHEV by Sept 8th! Other sites say shipping should take about two days to make the 600 miles from Kentucky with multiple deliveries. Wish me luck!
Latest update, been checking the Ford production website and finally it changed to "Shipped" today, Sept 20th. Still no official email from Ford since Sept 02, saying it was finished.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This will be my last posting on this subject. My new Titanium is setting at the dealer's lot today, Sep 21. Also got a message from Ford that it was shipped and should be here NLT Sept 22. So, Ford's notification system has worked for me throughout the whole order process. It has been a long trek from March 25th to Sep 21st, just shy of six months. Hopefully everything works out for everyone else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This will be my last posting on this subject. My new Titanium is setting at the dealer's lot today, Sep 21. Also got a message from Ford that it was shipped and should be here NLT Sept 22. So, Ford's notification system has worked for me throughout the whole order process. It has been a long trek from March 25th to Sep 21st, just shy of six months. Hopefully everything works out for everyone else.
Thanks for your participation and updates.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dovidas44,

CONGRATS on getting your Titanium! Enjoy!

81 - 100 of 121 Posts