2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,227 Posts
This will be my last posting on this subject. My new Titanium is setting at the dealer's lot today, Sep 21. Also got a message from Ford that it was shipped and should be here NLT Sept 22. So, Ford's notification system has worked for me throughout the whole order process. It has been a long trek from March 25th to Sep 21st, just shy of six months. Hopefully everything works out for everyone else.
Hopefully you’ll post pictures once you pick it up. Congratulations on your new car

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congratulations. Is this close to the last week of scheduled production for 2022 Escape PHEV’s?
There are still 3 production weeks left to be scheduled.

The weeks of Nov 7th, Nov 14th and Nov 21st have not yet been scheduled, according to:

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are still 3 production weeks left to be scheduled.

The weeks of Nov 7th, Nov 14th and Nov 21st have not yet been scheduled, according to:
Just received notice of mine being built October 31st, with VIN # included. Finally. What a relief.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Things seem to be moving, but still troubling. Ordered mine January 18th and, finally, on September 1st it finished production. However, I just checked and it's still "being shipped" with no projected arrival date. That's twenty days since it rolled off the production line and I still have no idea as to when it will roll into Las Vegas. It must be coming by mule train.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sigh
fingers crossed, but I'm not that hopeful despite seeing some positive posts above.

I ordered a PHEV SE on 1/13/22 - not scheduled still.
Sorry to hear that. Like I said, I ordered mine on January 18th. I don't remember exactly when it went into production, but it took about 10 days and was finished on the 1st. I'm a little surprised you're behind me, but nothing about this experience has made much sense. (I'm guessing you may have ordered a different option that requires a chip that's still setting on a dock somewhere.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have to say that I pretty much had given a hope before receiving the Ford email. Don’t give up hope just yet, there’s still plenty of time. 😊
Just got off the phone with my salesperson. My car shipped this morning--21 days after manufacture--and is due in the Vegas rail yard on the 30th, dealership within a week after (seeing is believing). She told me an interesting story. She has a particularly good customer who ordered a Bronco almost two years ago, and he was just recently told he would have to re-order for the second time; this time for a 2023. However, she had three other customers order Bronco's less than six months ago and their cars came in this week! If there's any rhyme or reason at Ford, it's very well disguised.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My March 20, 2022 PHEV SEL order still has no VIN. Customer service says I am still priority 19. Not hopeful for 2022. I will probably end up buying something else since my current car needs to be replaced very soon. If it ever comes, and the price protection and rebates work out, I might look into purchasing the escape with the intent to sell or transfer to a friend.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My March 20, 2022 PHEV SEL order still has no VIN. Customer service says I am still priority 19. Not hopeful for 2022. I will probably end up buying something else since my current car needs to be replaced very soon. If it ever comes, and the price protection and rebates work out, I might look into purchasing the escape with the intent to sell or transfer to a friend.
That seems like a bad priority number. Mine was 11, with I believe the best being 10. You may want to contact your dealer about getting a better number.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That seems like a bad priority number. Mine was 11, with I believe the best being 10. You may want to contact your dealer about getting a better number.
My dealer supposedly keeps everyone at 19, so its effectively meaningless. If it jumped to priority 2 I would know that the region is previewing the order for potential scheduling, but so far it has stayed firm at 19.

The base model 2023 PHEV seems like a downgrade from the 2022 SEL, and the new premium version is more than what I want to pay. Almost makes me wish I would have bought the one my dealer had on the lot in March. They were asking $5k over, but 6 months later and with several EV rebates either at risk or no longer available, that seems like a better choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also in your boat with a Mar 21 order confirmed and no build date. My priority number is 11 which is apparently the best priority a dealer can assign according to Blue Oval. But I am close to giving up hope on getting my order and the hoped-for tax credit to make it affordable. I'll wait one more week and then probably go car shopping as I gave my old car to my daughter and am essentially "car-less" except for my partner's dilapidated van. He is very generous but I hate driving it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Order update from Ford's website:
View attachment 82059

Order update from the dealership:
View attachment 82058
My Titanium PHEV was ordered the day after yours and just recently shows as In Production. It will be interesting to track both cars. My production was originally scheduled to start Oct 11, then got notice that it was moved up to the week of Sept 26. I haven't received a notice of production starting yet, but when I checked status yesterday (Sept 24), it shows in production. They may be building the trims in groups. Mine is Atlas Blue Metallic. What color is yours.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts