2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time poster on this forum. Proud new owner of a 22 escape PHEV.
Just noticed when I was plugging in today there was a indented scratch on the rear bumper. Nothing major but looking for some advice to blend or minimize it as much as possible. It’s on the plastic textured bumper.

see attached picture

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Being that it is black plastic as opposed to paint I would check with the dealer service department or body shop. I know my dealer has subcontractors come in usually about once a week. One comes in to remove small dents and door dings using a paintless dent removal process and one comes in that removes scratches on the interior plastic. I have used both and you could not tell it was repaired unless you look very close. Both are reasonably priced. I had one deep scratch removed from the side of the dashboard on my 20 Escape that cost me $75.00 dollars. In the recent past I have used the paintless dent removal through the dealer's contractor to remove a dent caused by a grocery shopping cart that slammed into my driver door. After the repair it looked like it was never dented. Cost me $125.00.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Agree with the above. Dealers have someone that they use to do final prep, as needed. Just ask at your dealer.

Place by me in NJ did the VW/Audi/Porsche/BMW dealership. Was there, and they had a row of new Porsches in for touch-up from shipping and in-port delivery damage. Never knew that before.

Body shop in town near me here in MA does the work for the town's Ford dealer. New vehicles and trade-ins.

Or ... wait a month and another scratch will make you forget about that one. 😀

Reactions: Raptr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts