2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a new 2022 PHEV (300 miles) and there is a rattle when the car is driven on slightly bumpy roads at 20ish mph.

I tried to locate the rattle before going to the dealer and it seems to be coming from the backeat. I sat in the trunk area while my wife drove to locate the sound.

I took it to the dealer and they claim the technician can't duplicate the noise. It has only been there 2 days, but I can see on Ford Pass that they've only driven it once for 1.7 miles.

What should I do in if they claim they can't replicate it?

Does anyone have similar experiences with seat rattle?

I took a video while trying to find the noise. 2022 Ford Escape SEL PHEV rattle

· Registered
111 Posts
It's probably on the underbody. I noticed it too because it's just loose in the middle under the car. Could also be a broken clip if you have the "mudflaps" and those are flapping. Too many spots on these models that are just kinda, well, flappy... Like the rear wheel wells too.

Poke your head around and start wiggling things. Start with the fender flare areas, mudflaps, wheel well liners, and then poke your head under the vehicle and wiggle the underbody plastics.

But yea, tons of that going on in my '22 as well. Not impressed.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably on the underbody. I noticed it too because it's just loose in the middle under the car. Could also be a broken clip if you have the "mudflaps" and those are flapping. Too many spots on these models that are just kinda, well, flappy... Like the rear wheel wells too.

Poke your head around and start wiggling things. Start with the fender flare areas, mudflaps, wheel well liners, and then poke your head under the vehicle and wiggle the underbody plastics.

But yea, tons of that going on in my '22 as well. Not impressed.
That's alarming to know.

I am still hoping the dealer will solve it, but I am not hopeful. The service advisor has been pretty bad so far. I dropped the car off on Wednesday and someone drove it for 1.7 mile on that day. Then it just sat on the lot for the next four days. I called the service advisor on Saturday and the best he can tell is that he has no update and that the tech will look at it on Monday. I am going to ask for a loaner if he still has no update tomorrow.

· Registered
111 Posts
That's alarming to know.

I am still hoping the dealer will solve it, but I am not hopeful. The service advisor has been pretty bad so far. I dropped the car off on Wednesday and someone drove it for 1.7 mile on that day. Then it just sat on the lot for the next four days. I called the service advisor on Saturday and the best he can tell is that he has no update and that the tech will look at it on Monday. I am going to ask for a loaner if he still has no update tomorrow.
Yea that is ridiculous. They should have offered a loaner immediately if they had it for a day. I have a Tacoma and they don't even ask, they offer it every time. I asked about it on the Escape and the dealer told me Ford 86'd that. Some people here say it's a per dealer issue, but when one dealer says that the entire company told them stop giving loaners - it speaks volumes as to how much they care. Obviously, I'm not happy with the car, but I hope your issue gets resolved and I'm willing to bet it's the things I mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts