2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were originally in the market for a hybrid Maverick XLT. With 8 months of no updates from Ford, decided to look for something else. With rising gas prices and super short (1.5) mile commute each way to work on most days, we decided to look for a hybrid. We have a Honda Hybrid and love it. With our rural location, we opted to go with Ford as this might be better for service and such. Add to that; Hondas and Toyotas have limited availability and premiums that go with.

Off all the trims the SEL and its features made the most sense to us. We opted for the Hybrid with pretty much all the creature comforts (sunroof, co-pilot, package) - after all my first Ford and first new car.

Scouted around and Granger Motors in IA was doing 3% below invoice (plus any incentives) on the Escapes. Ordered one in Ice Blue Silver and sandstone interior on March 14.

Got email today that production has been scheduled for week of May 2. A VIN has been assigned.

Now we wait.

·
Registered
2022 Escape SEL Hybrid AWD Rapid Red; 2017 Escape SE 2.0L AWD
12 Posts
We were originally in the market for a hybrid Maverick XLT. With 8 months of no updates from Ford, decided to look for something else. With rising gas prices and super short (1.5) mile commute each way to work on most days, we decided to look for a hybrid. We have a Honda Hybrid and love it. With our rural location, we opted to go with Ford as this might be better for service and such. Add to that; Hondas and Toyotas have limited availability and premiums that go with.

Off all the trims the SEL and its features made the most sense to us. We opted for the Hybrid with pretty much all the creature comforts (sunroof, co-pilot, package) - after all my first Ford and first new car.

Scouted around and Granger Motors in IA was doing 3% below invoice (plus any incentives) on the Escapes. Ordered one in Ice Blue Silver and sandstone interior on March 14.

Got email today that production has been scheduled for week of May 2. A VIN has been assigned.

Now we wait.
Also have an SEL Hybrid Scheduled for the week of May 2nd. Order was placed February 7th so was starting to get worried. I agree that SEL package offers the best value. Better seats for long distance drives. The external securi-code keypad on the drivers door. I use that often. Heated Steering wheel for upstate NY winters. The Technology package offers a lot of value for $1K with a better sound system by B&O [my 2012 Sony system is quite nice and always the car to take when heading to a concert], the wireless phone charging and the 12.3 inch digital screen. Also memory seats and foot activated rear lift gate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also have an SEL Hybrid Scheduled for the week of May 2nd. Order was placed February 7th so was starting to get worried. I agree that SEL package offers the best value. Better seats for long distance drives. The external securi-code keypad on the drivers door. I use that often. Heated Steering wheel for upstate NY winters. The Technology package offers a lot of value for $1K with a better sound system by B&O [my 2012 Sony system is quite nice and always the car to take when heading to a concert], the wireless phone charging and the 12.3 inch digital screen. Also memory seats and foot activated rear lift gate.
We have 21 & 22 SEL 4wd Hybrids. Both are equipped with the Technology package & spare tire options & nothing else. Sweet spot in equipment & price. You will be very happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same slip in the build date for me. Question: did you order the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ option 68B with the Stop and Go Cruise Control and Naviagation System? I did and I wonder if this option takes a lot of chips or sensors that might be in short supply. Have any 1.5L or 2.0L customers had their dates slip also?

·
Registered
12 Posts
To Answer my own question if 2.0L customers have had a slip. Yes they have. PaulOinMA states that he placed an order on March 19 for a 2.0L Titanium and on March 24th received a VIN and an April 18 build week. On April 13th it was moved back one week to week of April 25th. The Co-Pilot 360 with stop and go cruise is standard equipment on a Titanium. So, yes there was a one week delay, but it only takes 3-4 weeks to get built for a 2.0L but I am looking at 6 weeks to get scheduled for a build date and 8 weeks after the schedule issued to get built.

·
Registered
12 Posts
More bad news last night. May 16th build date for SEL AWD Hybrid has slipped again to June 6th. February 7th order date is now at 17 weeks to build. Strong possibility of more delays due to shortage of truck drivers for delivery from railhead to dealership according to Maverick community.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More bad news last night. May 16th build date for SEL AWD Hybrid has slipped again to June 6th. February 7th order date is now at 17 weeks to build. Strong possibility of more delays due to shortage of truck drivers for delivery from railhead to dealership according to Maverick community.
Same. I jinxed it.

Now am pushed back to June 6th as well.

Sent from my Nokia T20 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
More bad news again last night. The scheduled May 2nd build date is now June 13th (+6 weeks). February 7th order date is now at 18 weeks to build.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More bad news again last night. The scheduled May 2nd build date is now June 13th (+6 weeks). February 7th order date is now at 18 weeks to build.
Ugh. I must be a day behind you on the email notices.

I just received my "sorry, delayed again" email this evening.

Puts my production at 3 months.

Sent from my Nokia T20 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased my 2022 SEL Hybrid with an MSRP of $34870. 2/2/22 build date. Base price: $32465 Options were: Technology Package ($1050) & Mini spare ($110).
Just saw this online for an identical 2022 except for no mini spare tire:
2022 SEL Hybrid. MSRP: $36535. 4/22/22 build date. Base price 33790. Options: Technology package: ($1250)

In two months, the price for an identical car went up almost $1700!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Interesting $1,000 difference from my 2.0. My Titanium went up $750 in the month between order March 19 to receipt of window sticker on April 25. $250 in base MSRP, $250 in elite package, and $250 in destination charge.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I purchased my 2022 SEL Hybrid with an MSRP of $34870. 2/2/22 build date. Base price: $32465 Options were: Technology Package ($1050) & Mini spare ($110).
Just saw this online for an identical 2022 except for no mini spare tire:
2022 SEL Hybrid. MSRP: $36535. 4/22/22 build date. Base price 33790. Options: Technology package: ($1250)

In two months, the price for an identical car went up almost $1700!
My Escape on order from January has already had 2 price bumps totaling >$1600 to MSRP, and already is $460 higher than it would've been if I ordered a month earlier. So the MSRP on the window sticker once it's built this summer will be at least ~$2100 higher than the same vehicle invoiced in early December.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Pretty savvy marketing. Jack up the price on '22s right before you stop production. Marketing can advertise no price increase for 2023! 😀

·
Registered
12 Posts
On Saturday I compared my February SEL Hybrid order to the current list price and broke down the price increases. 1) It is not a surprise that Hybrid powertrains are in short supply, especially when they share the powertrain with the sold out Maverick. The base price with AWD increased by $1,325. Also worth mentioning, Ford offers $1500 rebate to order your vehicle (except Escape HYBRID!). So, they are raising prices to discourage Escape hybrid orders and nudge the consumer to choose 1.5L or 2.0L. 2) Diesel fuel and truck drivers: the delivery fee increased by $250. Newspapers run stories about record high price of diesel and incentives to get enough drivers to deliver the vehicles to dealers. 3) Chip intensive options. Co-Pilot 360 Plus with Stop and Go cruise increased $200. The front sensors probably have a lot of chips. The technology package increased $200. Perhaps memory seats and 12 inch instrument panel need a lot of chips. 4) Red paint increased $100. I know the 2012 Japan Tsunami increased red paint prices because of a special chemical to make the red paint. Perhaps it is tough to get the paint chemical from Asia? No increase on things made of steel like the tow hitch.

I intend to ask the dealer about price protection.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, April 1st had a price jump on the Escape. Thankfully it was another month before that price increase hit Canada. I ordered on Apr 19th.

Base Titanium PHEV went from 44,249 up 2K to 46,249. And Premium Package went from 2,150 up to 2,450. Missed a 2.3K price increase by about 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts