2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Escape SEL Hybrid AWD Rapid Red; 2017 Escape SE 2.0L AWD
39 Posts
Yes, true, Louisville Assembly Plant was shutdown the week of May 9th, but 2.0L Escapes can be ordered and built within about 4 to 6 weeks, while Hybrid Escapes are running 14-18 weeks. It must be something about the Escape Hybrid powertrain in my opinion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
More bad news again last night. The scheduled May 2nd build date is now June 27th (+8 weeks). February 7th order date is now at 20 weeks to build.

·
Registered
39 Posts
New information from BlueOval as of June 13th..
  • Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of some Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles including Hands-Free Power Liftgate must be informed that these vehicles are not equipped with the Hands-Free Power Liftgate, which provides the capability to open and close the power liftgate using a foot-activated sensor as the feature is not available. Note: The Power Liftgate remains equipped on these vehicles.
  • Hands-Free Power Liftgate feature is being deleted from applicable Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles. The Power Liftgate remains equipped on these vehicles.
  • A $55 MSRP credit will be applied to any vehicles that have had this feature removed.

My interpretation is that the sensor to activate the handsfree is a major supply problem and they are giving up on it.
My order included the SEL Technology package 86D (with hands free, foot activated rear hatch and the tow hitch. So perhaps that will break the cycle of delays.

·
Banned
76 Posts
As of exactly a month ago, was scheduled for next week. Actually scheduled for a specific day and not just the week, though the day did move around.

Only a week before it was supposed to finally get built, it got kicked out of the last week before the July 4 holiday shutdown, so now it won't be built before July 18.

Total of 7 delays of 9 weeks so far. Will end up being over 6.5 months from order to build, if it ever gets built before end of MY 2022. Kinda becoming a running joke.

·
Registered
2022 Titanium PHEV, Agate Black Metallic
46 Posts
As of exactly a month ago, was scheduled for next week. Actually scheduled for a specific day and not just the week, though the day did move around.

Only a week before it was supposed to finally get built, it got kicked out of the last week before the July 4 holiday shutdown, so now it won't be built before July 18.

Total of 7 delays of 9 weeks so far. Will end up being over 6.5 months from order to build, if it ever gets built before end of MY 2022. Kinda becoming a running joke.
This is literally what is happening to everyone, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
2022 Titanium PHEV, Agate Black Metallic
46 Posts
New information from BlueOval as of June 13th..
  • Due to the global semiconductor shortage, customers taking delivery of some Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles including Hands-Free Power Liftgate must be informed that these vehicles are not equipped with the Hands-Free Power Liftgate, which provides the capability to open and close the power liftgate using a foot-activated sensor as the feature is not available. Note: The Power Liftgate remains equipped on these vehicles.
  • Hands-Free Power Liftgate feature is being deleted from applicable Escape, Explorer and Expedition vehicles. The Power Liftgate remains equipped on these vehicles.
  • A $55 MSRP credit will be applied to any vehicles that have had this feature removed.

My interpretation is that the sensor to activate the handsfree is a major supply problem and they are giving up on it.
My order included the SEL Technology package 86D (with hands free, foot activated rear hatch and the tow hitch. So perhaps that will break the cycle of delays.
If the car is missing the sensor, the window sticker will show it removed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
More bad news last night. Original Feb 7th order Escape SEL Hybrid AWD date is now at 24 weeks to build. Original build date of May 2nd has now slipped to July 25th (+12 weeks of slip). This especially stings because the delay occurred during the proposed build week. Will now miss all of the summer driving trips which was a big motivation to place the order. There was a foot of snow on the ground when I placed the order, it may well be the leaves will be falling off the trees by the time it shows up. As JSUS said this is getting to be a running joke around the house. The adult children are starting to chime in. I have ordered Fords before in 2008,2011, 2014 and 2017. Typical delivery time was order end of March and drive off the lot in May. Time to write to Mr. Farley about the very bad reputation his plan to "order your vehicle" is getting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel your pain but am somewhat more hopeful. SEL Hybrid, FWD ordered on March 17. Was built on June 8 but now pushed back to late July for delivery here to Florida. For 4 weeks everytime it got close to production, it was pushed a week, then it got built, then it went back into production, then it was supposed to be shipped tomorrow and last night they pushed it back 3 weeks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks to JLTorres for another data point. SEKSYEscapist and I have ordered SEL Hybrid AWD and it is taking 24 weeks to build (and climbing). You ordered a SEL Hybrid FWD in March and it took 12 weeks to build. You could add 3 weeks to that because they put it back into production. So, perhaps AWD is a commodity that is in short supply. Only other variable is if your dealer gave your order priority. SEK and I are both retail order priority 19, the lowest on a number scheme of 10 to 19. Do you know if your order priority was a 10 or 11 or 12?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks to JLTorres for another data point. SEKSYEscapist and I have ordered SEL Hybrid AWD and it is taking 24 weeks to build (and climbing). You ordered a SEL Hybrid FWD in March and it took 12 weeks to build. You could add 3 weeks to that because they put it back into production. So, perhaps AWD is a commodity that is in short supply. Only other variable is if your dealer gave your order priority. SEK and I are both retail order priority 19, the lowest on a number scheme of 10 to 19. Do you know if your order priority was a 10 or 11 or 12?
I have no idea what the priority was for the order. How do you find that out?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts