2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks to JLTorres for another data point. SEKSYEscapist and I have ordered SEL Hybrid AWD and it is taking 24 weeks to build (and climbing). You ordered a SEL Hybrid FWD in March and it took 12 weeks to build. You could add 3 weeks to that because they put it back into production. So, perhaps AWD is a commodity that is in short supply. Only other variable is if your dealer gave your order priority. SEK and I are both retail order priority 19, the lowest on a number scheme of 10 to 19. Do you know if your order priority was a 10 or 11 or 12?
Also my vehicle is loaded with every option that is available. I assume there is more than one constraint.

On a related note - I received an email from Ford about my Maverick Truck that was ordered in July of... 2021. High probability that it will not be built for the MY per Ford. No loss there. I have no deposit and no skin in the game.

Sent from my Nokia T20 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Escape SEL Hybrid AWD Rapid Red; 2017 Escape SE 2.0L AWD
39 Posts
Now that the JLTorres vehicle has been built, I think the priority number is no longer available. It was my mistake to ask about it.

I agree with SEK that there are more constraints than just AWD. I saw a news article on my iphone from Ford Authority that Co-Pilot 360+ (which is in my vehicle options) is in very short supply. If I can find it, I will add it to this post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now that the JLTorres vehicle has been built, I think the priority number is no longer available. It was my mistake to ask about it.

I agree with SEK that there are more constraints than just AWD. I saw a news article on my iphone from Ford Authority that Co-Pilot 360+ (which is in my vehicle options) is in very short supply. If I can find it, I will add it to this post.
It's been built since 6/8 but my dealer said today that they pushed back delivery to mid August for unknown reasons.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Update. Ford email this morning says it shipped. Reasonable, that any backlog/ backup of shipments was worked off during the two week plant shutdown. Also, the window sticker shows a $55.00 credit for deletion of hands free lift gate feature.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Update. Vehicle arrived at dealer on August 10. Of course I was 100 miles away beginning a vacation. Plan to pickup vehicle Aug 24. So, 25 weeks from order to build. 10 days from build to dealer delivery.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Update. Vehicle arrived at dealer on August 10. Of course I was 100 miles away beginning a vacation. Plan to pickup vehicle Aug 24. So, 25 weeks from order to build. 10 days from build to dealer delivery.
Tom,

CONGRATS!

Thank you for posting the detailed order/build/delivery ACTUAL times.

Of course your Escape would be delivered while you're 100 miles away on vacation. Of course.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Update. I am happy to report that the dealer provided price protection. The terms and rebates and interest rate that was in effect on February 7th were offered and accepted. The difference between Feb. 7th and the window sticker was $2,140. ($1,590 for Base and 303A, $250 delivery charge, $100 paint, $200 Tech Package). The rebate to order was $1000. The $500 and 1.9% financing was also provided. Total savings were $2,140+$1500 rebates+ about $500 in interest over the life of the loan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Sorry life has been hectic. Forgot to update here.

After months of delays I got build week of August 29th. Email confirmed that vehicle was built on September 4th.

September 9th email said vehicle was shipped to the dealership. And the sales person emailed on 09/13 that vehicle was delivered and would be 1.5 weeks before I can pickup. Guess I need to head up to Iowa now....

Roughly 175 days to production and about 190 before being delivered. Not bad.

I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry life has been hectic. Forgot to update here.

After months of delays I got build week of August 29th. Email confirmed that vehicle was built on September 4th.

September 9th email said vehicle was shipped to the dealership. And the sales person emailed on 09/13 that vehicle was delivered and would be 1.5 weeks before I can pickup. Guess I need to head up to Iowa now....

Roughly 175 days to production and about 190 before being delivered. Not bad.

I'll post some pics.

SEKSyEscapist,

Were you able to find out why the dealer needs 1.5 weeks to get it ready for you to drive it home? Are they doing some warranty work for you? Were some accessories not immediately available to complete your order? I hope it's a case of your dealer is REALLY picky and wants the car to be perfect before you even see it.

Please do post some pics!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts