Registered
2020 Escape SE I3 & 2020 Titanium Hybrid
282 Posts
Phev Range the same?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's the same. Doesn't say the range specifically, but it says there were no mechanical changes. Pricing is yet to be released. I'm curious what the "partial vinyl and cloth" seats look like. Those are standard on the PHEV and most of the ST-line trims. Seems like a downgrade from the ActiveX seats in the SEL.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,608 Posts
Mini spare is now standard, 4" screen on lower trims is replaced by 8" standard because it has Sync 4.
SE trim is gone replaced by "ST Line", Titanium is replaced by Platinum.
And there's been a whole lot of standard features de-contented and made optional like the B&O etc.

·
Registered
2022 Escape SEL FWD
45 Posts
I am interested in what the new space gray interior color looks like.
For the Active model; I would be torn between selecting Tech Pkg #2 to receive a lot of great features and equipment, vs just selecting the Cold Weather Pkg to keep the physical buttons for the climate control along with the heated front seats and steering wheel. I really do appreciate a larger infotainment screen, but not when it eliminates buttons and knobs for very basic functions. Big decision!!!

·
Registered
City car 2019 Kia Niro PHEV, travel car 2022 OB 2.5i
40 Posts
I wonder how many PHEVs they will make or will they be unobtainium ? There is only one '22 equipped to my specs in the US, 1,800 miles from Seattle and no price listed. All the others within 500 miles of Seattle are Titaniums with asking prices of $4-$5K over MSRP.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Curious what this means or if there is another example in the Ford lineup?

I spoke with my dealer who said that ordering Ebony interior with the Premium Pkg comes up with a note that the inner seats are sandstone with black on the exterior.

That sounds hideous and there is no way to select out of that. What other Ford model is there with that combo?

There's also no info on what shade of gray the space gray is.

·
Registered
22 Escape Titanium PHEV PP+Tow
141 Posts
Sounds similar to my 22 order. If I just had Titanium, it could be either ebony or sandstone interior. But getting the premium package forces you to one interior option of ebony lower interior, sandstone upper, ebony seat edges with sandstone inserts (the bottom seating and back part).

Overall it looks nice. Though looking at the car from the front, the ebony a pillars makes the blacked out parts of the front windshield stand out. Looks kinda odd and low effort.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a 20 Titanium all Ebony interior (except the headliner which I guess is sandstone now that I think about it). I found a picture of the 22. I see what you mean. It's not great IMHO. I guess I wouldn't even notice it after a few days, or until I'm cleaning the seats.
Car Vehicle Window Head restraint Car seat cover

·
Registered
22 Escape Titanium PHEV PP+Tow
141 Posts
I found it looked more subtle in the images on their site, with the sandstone looking more grey. In person it's high contrast between the two colors. I'd take and post a picture, but it's at a shop getting paint protection film put on.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have a '22 Titanium with that interior. Like it a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't think the new ebony will have the old two tone color scheme despite what the dealers say. Because the description on order guide says its quilt like stitching. So I have reason to believe it's more similar to the EU version of 2023 focus seats. Example here

That could be done in two-tone though. I really like that if that's the space gray they are putting together. I can only go by what the salesperson said, who ordered a PHEV w/ Premium package for himself and the two-tone seat note came up there. I suggested it might be a mistake or glitch but neither of us like it and don't want it if it turns out to be true. So we both ordered space gray interior.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Wisconsin, I contacted my local dealers, and they told me they can not put an order in for the Hyrbid escape yet. Any thoughts?? Also can anyone tell me the differences between the Platinum and ST-Line Elite? Why is the Elite More money?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Supposedly, only select dealers are able to pre-order 23 Escape, and those that can must prove it is a customer ordering.

As for the differences, pull the order guide at the top of this thread and you can look at the differences. I think they are all cosmetic, both interior and exterior.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Wisconsin, I contacted my local dealers, and they told me they can not put an order in for the Hyrbid escape yet. Any thoughts??
Supposedly, only select dealers are able to pre-order 23 Escape, and those that can must prove it is a customer ordering.

As for the differences, pull the order guide at the top of this thread and you can look at the differences. I think they are all cosmetic, both interior and exterior.
I did look at the trim, looks like the platinum has more standard options but the St-Line Elite according to dealers is more expensive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did look at the trim, looks like the platinum has more standard options but the St-Line Elite according to dealers is more expensive.
The ST-Line Elite comes with all of the painted body moldings, rear skid plate, sport-tuned suspension, flat bottom steering wheel, and special seats, which the Platinum does not come with and are not options. To see the full differences, one has to look at what comes with ST-Line + ST-Line Select + ST-Line Elite. The base price without the premium package, which I think is the same for both trims, differs by $995 MSRP. I'm not sure what is available on the Platinum that isn't on the ST-Line Elite.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Wisconsin, I contacted my local dealers, and they told me they can not put an order in for the Hyrbid escape yet. Any thoughts?? Also can anyone tell me the differences between the Platinum and ST-Line Elite? Why is the Elite More money?
I live in eastern Iowa. Was able to order a Hybrid Escape from my local dealer. Ordered on the 22nd of Sept.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts